For Sale 1997 BMW 540i Mint Condition $11,200 BO

I am trying to sell my 1997 BMW 540i, it is an amazing car but I need to pay for college. The car was originally bought in North Carolina, it was then bought up here, so it has not seen a lot of snow.
The car has 110K on it but looks and performs flawlessly. This is the closest to mint condition I have ever had for a car its age. The car has an impecable service history and I have all records from since the car was new.
The car has had new head gaskets, heads rebuilt, new water pump, all new gaskets throughout the motor. All the work was done at JG Autowerks who specialize in BMWs. It cost me 4,000$ to have all the work done and it is all flawless.

Power Windows
Heated Steering Wheel
Power Locks
Keyless
Power Seats
Power Head Rests
Leather
6 disc changer
Tape
Sunroof
4.4 V8
5 Speed Auto
27MPG HWY

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=220180525737&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=012 Ebay listing with buy it now.
The book value is 12,200 for the car, I am always open to trades. I hate to see this car go it is really the ultimate driving machine all day. These cars run forever, last month there was one with 208K and it sold for $9800.
585-520-7778

540’s are sick. glws !

I suggest switching your avatar lol. The car does look nice though, gl with sale.

they usually go for ~2-3k less than this. what warrants this price? also, why the heads rebuild?

why were the heads rebuilt?

edit: nevermind, already asked.

Free bump.

[quote=“nappy1380,post:3,topic:39756"”]

I suggest switching your avatar lol. The car does look nice though, gl with sale.

[/quote]

haha

GLWS good looking vehicle.

1 year 12,000 mile warranty on the engine “rebuild” so to speak. The car had a blown head gasket and was caught with no dmage to the engine. So I had the shop do a thorough job on it. The heads were machine, dissassembled and rebuilt, it costs a lot of money but was worth it in the end the engine is flawless. The engine was completely gone through, very reiable and a 1yr 12K warranty on a 10 year old car is hard to get. The warranty covers all the engine work done.

the cars go for around what i am asking on ebay. There was a silver 6 speeed that had 156K on it, same condition as mine bid up to 11,400 and the guy did not even sell it. i think it is reasonable, if it does not sell I dont mind driving it, the car is amazing. I just need it sold beore august.

as for the avatar, the car does not move in winter unless it is decent out. The car with the M wheels is awful in snow so i drive my other cars.

What ///M Wheels? Your 5 doesnt have ///M Wheels and it’s fantastic in the snow if you know how to drive.

relax, I drive my 93 cav with 4 winterforce on it, keeps the miles and the salt off the BMW. The cav is amazing in the snow. I have heard the rims I have referred to as M wheels, I am not a BMW enthusiast, I bought it because it was something different. Please dont chew me out. I dont beat on it, it is just a nice lux car, if I dont drive it in the snow who cares, with the current tire set up it is by far worse to drive then my beater.
thanks
chris

Also has power telescoping wheel/tilt
cruise
ac
the condition warrants the price. I am ASKING full book, open to offers and trades. I had one person take the car on a test drive, let them drive it for two days (shows the confidence in the car), they loved it but did not come up with the money.

Style 19’s != M Wheels

Has the radiator been replaced? (Service life is 60-80k on them before the plastic end tanks go). Valley pan gasket? Auto trans? (Average life is 90-100k miles on them)

Yes sir all done. valley, rear coolant lines, oil pan gaskets, intake gaskets, valve cover gaskets plugs, water pump, chain gasket. also done was a lot of suspension work, trailing arms or something? not sure have to check the records and recipts of previous owner.

Auto trans?
Radiator?

yes tranny service and the radiator was replaced at 85K.

The trans was replaced?

wow, you change your sig a lot, nice cars onne the less, all yours? I want to round all mine up and get a pic.

Auto trans replaced?
Center driveshaft bearing?
Guibo?

he said tranny service, not replaced