Ford 6.0 Diesel basic mods

Nice nice

in my opinion, I would stay clear of edge products, I had a lot of trouble in the past with their product and the only solution was a dealer reflash of the ecu. And no this was not an isolated case it happened 3 times on different makes. And bullydog makes a decent programmer as long as you don’t have any troubles. The tech line is usually jammed for at least 20 minutes every time i have called. We have had the best luck with rbp wich is a programmer tuned by ppe. They make good power and seem to be safe, since the tranny head gaskets and turbo seals have been known to fail on these vehicles just do some small stuff and you will be fine.

The good news is I have a FORD warranty on just the engine…to 200k

best person i know for working on trucks is that guy

I’d like to probably limit the mods as its sorta a daily driver for the moment… programmer +intake…maybe exhaust…thats about it.

those three can yeild you about an additional 200 hp safely. You can gain a little more but then you should add a pyrometer and boost guage.

Diesel truck races on the weekends? This Ford vs Doc?

PSI, see PM

sell it now while gas is cheap LOL !

jammer give it to me for 16k + 17.9yr old imported slut (im bringing back a crate full from india)

btw nice truck ***** ! my bro just got a turbo diesel few months ago, shit is nuts !!

be carefull on what ya do wit this thing j ,there notorious for the forward clutch plates in the trannys welding together ,so neutral is still in gear,among other probs ,prolly the best thing ya can do also is a trq converter and get all the updates put in the tranny from a good tranny shop like opits in schenectady ,as the dealers wont do it before it fries

Thanks for the heads up!!!

I hate the fact it will be a few more years before quality is back. Each manufacturer has its potential issues. This is hopefully not going to turn into a perf truck. A semi-daily…mostly tow machine which may see a plow. I need 22" tires designed for all season with more profile… help!

Heading to the air port now

bling bling.

As far as some of the powerstrokes go. On the o5’s stated by ford it says that the injectors only last 30k in city driving or with consistant long idleing time. 80k for normal driving. If it’s having hard starts in the cold(no start,exccesive smoke,or running ruff upon first couple mins of starting) get it checked out so you don’t get F-ed on the warranty.also be sure to change the fuel filters at least every other oil change. It runs alot of fuel pressure so the fuel filter being clogged can throw a light or lead to the other problems I mentioned. There are 2 filters on it also.1 along the frame rail on the drivers side, and 1 on top of the intake manifold. This is just good matinence for all diesels. Just a thought since no one listens to what I have to say anyways.

The fuel filter thing is a really big deal with the Fords…

Where’s da wizard, he’s been dealing with 6.0 problems/quirks for a while now. That’s what happens with the high miles and lots of abuse on these beauties. Though I must say they make some good power with a simple chip. Given all the choices a lot of my customers use the Edge New Evolution or the Diablosport and the aFe or Airaid intakes for starters. As far as exhaust is concerned BD Diesel, Magnaflow, and Bully Dog are very cost effective for their turbo back setups.

#1 on the fuel filters we see them a lot wit no power and its all that…mbrp also makes a great exh for them also

We’ve been having a huge problem with the like 30 E-450 busses.We actually change them with every oil change.I think we use very low qualitly fuel also. For my Duramax I actully really try to only get fuel from one spot, so if I have a problem with dirty fuel I know where it came from.I like to play it safe.

Truck ran and drove fine all the way from Atlannta. 14 hour trip and it wasnt that bad on fuel…good times and the trucks pimp…I should have kept it

I want it