Thoughts/Suggestions/help on this new truck I bought

So I’ll admit Idk much at all about diesels other than they pull alot of weight, have alot of torque, last a long time and every faggot with a 3" cock buys em and tows a 200 pound dirtbike with them thinking there cool.

I bought this 2005 F-550 6/0 turbo diesel today at auction for what I think is dirt fucking cheap and I planned on keeping it for towing a 3 car hauler obviously with 2-3 cars on it.

Made the mistake of posting a pic of it on facebook and now everyones saying there peices of shit, have alot of problems ext…

Anyone agree or disagree with this? Its got 160k on it and I planned on finding or making a custom bed and just keeping it stock, no gay “rolling coal” shit.

cab/frame are both in flawless shape… I doubt ill be able to find another good looking truck to pull the amount of weight I wanna pull for the same money.

6.0 is probably one of the worst diesels ever built in factory form. Need to address the EGR system, oil cooler, and put head studs on it at a minimum in my opinion. Once you do that, they are fairly reliable. Without it, it’s a ticking time bomb.

The 6.0’s are notorious for head gaskets, pulling studs, but its all because of lack of maintenance and abuse here’s a link to all you need to know about the 6.0
http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/general-6-0l-discussion/204386-write-up-bullet-proofing-6-0l-psd.html

do you guys know where to get a book value for these things? kbb nor nada have an f550 for an option lol… And can I get a regular pick up bed for these off like an f350 dually?

Id check what theyre selling for on ebay (dealers) for a price.
Im pretty sure its got the wrong wheel base for a pickup bed. It looks like the wheels are too far back for a bed.

The F550 is going to have a minimum CA (cab to axle) of 60", you simply can’t get a cab & chassis truck with a shorter CA length. A longbox pickup bed has a 56" CA, so you’d have a 4" gap between the bed and cab with the wheels centered in the wheel well. Also, in addition to reworking the mounts, you’ll have to reroute the fuel filler, as the F550 will likely have the fuel tank behind the axle, whereas pickups have them in front of the rear axle. It can be done, but I’d rather have a flatbed than a pickup bed…

did you see the wrecker bed I posted on FB? That would be good for picking up cars at the auction and scrapping junks

The prices ive been seeing are out of this world and totally unrealistic.

What is the easiest and most profitable unit I can put on this thing? a dump bed? And what are the specs needed for anything to fit?

I feel like those things suck and people would rather have a flatbed lol… If im not going to keep the truck I want to either A - sell it as is and let someone put whatever they want on it or B - purchase a cheap, but profitable body for it like a dump bed.

Ford just settled a class action law suit for the 6.0. They have faulty head gaskets and turbos among other shit. If it has 160k odds are its already had the head gaskets and turbo replaced. Best bet is swapp a old 12v cummins in and get double the fuel milage and torque. Also the injectors fire on oil psi so if u loose oil psi u dont run.

Something like this would be best in my opinion
http://www.turnoverball.com/products/truckbed/deluxe-2-box-truck-bed

I hate those… I feel like that would bring add the LEAST amount of value back out of anything you could put on that thing… Wtf do you even use those for lol

Its pretty much just a frame cover for a 5th wheel or gooseneck setup

Yea I mean u can take a 350 bed and make it fit or in the extra space put in a extra tank for fuel which will add value to the truck! I’m looking for a toolbox/fuel tank for my truck to extend the range

yeah I might do that… or put like a toolbox in the space… What do you think the trucks worth as is sits im just curious…

you too pjb, yota and dacknut… as stated, not great with deisels or the retarded prices they go for usually.

Pretty sure I saw your truck on Old Wolf rd a few days ago. Tuesday? Around 6pm.

naw its been at the auction for 3 weeks… ive won it 2 weeks in a row, but they finally decided to sell it this time.

For your truck Im sure you can get a bigger capacity tank from somebody like JC Whitney or LMC Truck.

Ive got no clue with heavier trucks except I know diesels sell for stupid money even with miles on them. I know youll get much more for this one with some kind of bed on it than with nothing on it but the market is limited for it. If it was a normal F250 or F350 selling it wouldn’t be a problem but this you might sit on for a bit.

Shit, even half ton gas motors are going for gold prices these days with a new extended cab going for over $40k.

Think i can fetch 8k for it the way it sits?

2wd truck are not really in demand in the north, retail possibly 10-15k in the south Florida area 15-20k

Def get 8k as is throw it up on eBay it will sell