Ford claims to own the right to any pictures taken of ford vehicals

you know, i honestly don’t think ford is a bad company. I know this forum is full of toyota and honda leg humpers, but every company (not just in the car industry) has their share of problems, makes their share of mistakes, and has their share of mis-interpreted statements.

From personal experience alone, I would not buy another ford. My family had a Taurus back in the day and it was constantly breaking, and we kept having them same problems with it, and it never ever ended, and my dad babied that car. My Explorer was also problem-ridden, but that may have also been due to the dealer not fixing stuff and a whole other mess of shit that i dont need to get into here. My Mustang has been great to me so far (knock on wood). Now, looking at the other side of that coin, I have a friend who is on here, who owns a Taurus, and I have never ever seen anyone beat the living shit out of a car more than he has. This thing should NOT be running anymore, but it still is and he’s had no major problems with it at all, and it turned out to be a really great car. His family has also had a shit ton of Fords and never had any problems with them. I know quite a few other people who have had similar experiences with Fords. Considering all things, I would not hesitate to buy another Ford product.

I think that although Ford (and GM for that matter) had a bit of a slump in terms of quality in the last ~15 years, which is partially how imports are flourishing today (IMO), but Ford, like GM, I think has really turned around and is starting to produce some quality cars once again.

As I said before, every company has their share of mishaps. I recall that someone posted a thread regarding a GM recall, and in that thread there was a lot of GM bashing going on, but somewhere in there someone mentioned about some Toyota recall. Funny how everyone kept quiet about that one. I’m not trying to rip on imports at all (because I hate all cars equally…for the most part :slight_smile: ), But im just saying, don’t discount a car company because of something like this. You’re buying the car for other reasons besides publicity (i hope). And like I said, it’s a losing battle on here trying to sell domestic car companies to you guys. I hate seeing threads like this where people rip on domestics because of one little mishap, and I really wish people would look at the car industry as a whole, and stop putting one or 2 specific companies under the microscope for their mishaps and then hating on them just because they may have had some less-than-quality cars a few years ago.

my flame suit is on for this one, but just putting in my .02