Ford + GM + Dodge VS Everybody bailout.

I wouldn’t invest a dollar into either one of the companies because I would consider it a bad investment but yet they are putting their hand out asking for a bail out to post pone the inevitable.

They will be legit companies, just because somebody declares bankruptcy doesn’t mean they are done for. It’s a very smart way to get rid of liabilities and downsize, Airlines do it on the weekly basis yet they are still there and we use them everyday without fear.

If we support a manufacturer of an item that nobody wants with the money we simply don’t have we will open the door for everybody else to check their pockets and reconsider how filled their pockets really are. The bailout is already a joke of the hour for every dead beat father. Cities are already getting in line behind the automakers for them to be bailed out because the economy is destroying their mini-economy.

If nothing else I’d like to still have the illusion of the free market to enjoy for now, without it openly being destroyed by our own government.

So bailout or no?

Discuss.

These companies employ thousands of people in america, if all of those corporations failed our economy would take a massive hit.

Yea these companies play a huge role in who we are. They helped build this economy and if they disappear who knows what would happen

goes off to drive around in the Audi some more

for once i dont have to say more :lol

Ha ha ha your car breaks more then a chevy does and cost 3x as much to fix… I would laugh also

The economy is going to take a hit regardless as it’s doing now.

It’s laying off people now just to make ends meet.

The bailout won’t save them and will set a very bad precedent.

ill let you know if anything brakes. nothing yet.

Have fun replacing the brakes

already did that. didnt take that long. theres a thread about it as well.

i didn’t read the first post but heres my thoughts:

bailout is going to fail. the bailout means they don’t declare bankruptcy and the same people who have fucked the companies to this point will still be fucking up.

let them declare bankruptcy, now everyone thinks that means everyone looses their jobs, it doesn’t, it allows them to restructure the company with outside sources helping so they don’t have to shut their doors down for good, the bailout will just mean chapter 11 will happen later on. do it now, get it over with.

i say no bailout, granted there are many jobs, but in theory if people arent buying new cars and keeping there own, there will be much more openings in garages. People are going to want to keep there cars maintained properly so there vehicles will last longer.

ALl of these companys have been pushing out thousands of vehicles a year and charging rediculous pricing for vehicles and there service to vehicles, they make you feel that if your car is older than three years it has no value, you better buy a new car. In my mind these companies have been screwing us and now its coming back to bite them in the ass.

PLus some of these companies have been outsourcing there jobs to foreign countries so how is that helping our economy in the first place?

I know im a GM guy, and ill probably get some flac for what im saying but i have owned about 10 cars in my driving career and have never once bought them off of a GM lot. I just dont believe in the dealers nor do i trust them

The prices on all cars is going up. Part of our wonderful failing economy

i agree with ya on this, man. when i was buying my car i had a number in mind. i looked at new cars for that much and looked at cars that are 2-4 yrs old for that much. i think i ended up with a MUCH MUCH nicer car for that amount. it was a couple of years old, but i didnt get a brand new car with no options and no features. i highly doubt i’ll be ever buying a brand new car again. with the warranties most companies offer now? you’re set for a while. i completely understand the people that bought a car thats top of the line model thats a few years old vs a brand new one but the basic of the basic editions.

Fuck no on a bailout. Survival of the fittest motherfuckers.

I dunno seems like some companies are cutting prices since the failing economy= noone buying, so they have to do something to entice someone into buying a new car.

floors the 2.0 in disgust

Yeah I just saw at this dealership something crazy like $13,000 off most cars :nuts

GM ftl

theres just trying to gain back from money already invested

we’re all going to die

it makes no sense, why put the nation DEEPER into debt. It should be like any other business if you cant make ends meet you fail. simple