Ford to layoff 25,000

wayyyy OT but did anyone happen to read my dads article that was printed in the paper?

It was about GM - The name on it was Johnny Cochrane

I did a search on Buffalo News.com and didn’t see an article by “Cochrane”.

…and Motorola practically invented the concept, with Six Sigma. Guess who’s making record profits this year? Even in our automotive division…

“That’s not how the market works,” added Bush, who said that GM and Ford should seek to develop “product that’s relevant” to consumers.

Holy shit, Bush actually said something I agree with. I bought a Nissan in '02 because there wasn’t a domestic car out there that appealed to me. Things look a little better in '06 from the domestic standpoint (especially from GM), though I think Ford fucked up by not giving us the Mazda 3 based Focus.

Yeah I cant find it either. The title of it was ‘Maybe companies should hire foreign managers’.

Still can’t find it. Maybe it was an editorial piece or a letter written in? What was the date?

Yeah, it was a letter written in. I probably shouldnt have used the word “article”. Anyways, when he gets home ill type it out. Its not very long.

The Mazda 3 is based on the European Focus (as is the Volvo S40). You wouldn’t want it based on the American Focus. The Euro version is larger and much more refined. It is alot harder than just “shipping over” the Euro version. Lots of changes had to go into it becaues of DOT safety standards, etc. They actually looked into it, but decided it was too much money.