Who will be king? GM or Toyota

Here is an article from MSNBC…

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10543912/from/RL.1/

After reading the whole article you will realize that productions numbers aren’t
what determines the king.

Cliff notes: Not only is Toyota catching up to GM unit wise but their profitabililty
is HUGE!
I know this not a news flash because Toyota has always made mad money on each unit sold but, it is a good article.

If tehy bring bakc the supra they’ll be king lol

^hey i know what movie your sig is from, i actually saw that just the other day!!! initial D in english subtitles FTW!!!

on topic: i think toyota makes a very good product and definatley has the ball in their court when it comes to quality and styling. all the american manufactureres cant keep up with the popular japanese and other import stylings that have become so popular.

They will be king if they stop considering the solara thier sports car…

:lol:

How true.

yota!

Toyota > GM I guess that’s why they are gonna take over NASCAR next.

X…

Them is fightin’ words! (read in southern accent)

It’s tough when the truth hurts. :headbang:

X…

lol NEVAR

I dunno, aerodynamics on the toyota look pretty good compared to what is currently racing.

They’re all the same basically. The aerodynamics are measured making all vehicles fair…

Toyota …

So the vehicles are the same and everything else from Toyota is better means Toyota FTW!!!

X… :smiley:

You make domestic redneck cry.

:cry:

The statement that really struck me in the article was them saying that Toyota basically has boat loads of money laying around that they are using to invest in expansion around the world. The other day on the news they were saying that Ford and GM lose about $200 on each car they sell while Toyota makes over $1,000 per car.

I believe Toyota makes the most $$$$ per auto.
It is proof that quality doesn’t cost money.
Quality saves money.
Maybe other companies will learn from this before it is too late.

Teaching the executives is one thing, getting the unions to understand their own death, well…that might be another. Hopefully the FORD cuts will shed a little light on the situation.

X…

the US auto manufacturers setup pension plans for their workers a long time ago. and these pension plans are whats killing their profits. at GM for every 3 people in their pension program, only 1 is activly working. so you can blame the union all you want, but noone could have guessed the huge jump in life expectancy or health care coverage. unfortunatly alot of people who rely on their pensions for money and benefits are gunna be asked to grab their ankles in order for the US auto manufacturers to survive.

the japanese companies on the other hand were lucky enough to witness the changes in our country and have setup shop accordingly. they hire all non-union workers so they dont have to deal with modern day unions and their bureaucracy. they dont setup pension plans but rather make the employee responsible with 401k plans. the japanese have an advantage and so is the reason you get more car for the money. thats why i drive a toyota.

^ very well said. i think the US really needs to step off the soapbox and start looking ahead to its demise if some things in our country dont change.for one thing they really need to revamp the creditcard/bankruptcy system