Who will be king? GM or Toyota

Have you been paying attention to the Craftsman Truck series? Because if you did, you wouldn’t be saying “never”.

The big train called Toyota is ‘a comin’ . Hide your moonshine and cousins :bump:

That is true but, like I have mentioned in other threads Toyota has been practicing lean manufacturing for over 30 years and the big three ignored it.
Now they are paying for it and playing catch-up.
The Japanese companies have ALWAYS planned for the future WAY more than US companies.
All of this pension BS is proof of it.

^ a real eye opener and i think changes should be instated ASAP if we want our industries to survive

GM lost 4.8 billion this quarter fyi

lol I do watch the truck series… I just like being the token domestic NASCAR fan

Personally, I don’t care what happens. I know what I like… and that’s all that matters. Every auto enthusiast has one thing in common and we seem to forget that.

:word:

Ok, just checkin’ .

it also kinda helped that we blew up all their factories during WWII and then paided to rebuild them. It generally helps when you get a fresh start. Something US car markers never got.

what does that have to do with build quality?

I gonna half to go with Toyota on this one, only becuase they have refined the art of efficiency. They’re production plants are very streamlined.

Wow that was ignorant. As if I needed to point it out anyway…

Right… and domestic car manufacturers have been making crap cars since when??? 1980? How many plants are still around from 25 years ago?

It boils down to this, GM just admitted 1 year ago that they have been making crap for 20 years. They dumped the Cavalier right?

Edit:
Anyways, I still forsee GM’s fall in 2-3 years.

When GMAC is sold off, 10% of the corporate and 25% of the labor workforce is cut, and GM closes down 20% of their car line up, I would suggest avoiding buying a car from GM.

I see Ford shaping up, I fail to see GM doing it.

Ford seems to have recognized their errors, still too late and alot of people had to lose their job because of it but i can see the unions slowly going away and ford becoming a great company again.

The unions ruin everything…

Word, we should still start one though…A union or our own religion, we can worship none other than…http://totalworkout.homestead.com/files/chuck2.jpg

Thats right baby

:word: People doing menial labor, like screwing two pieces of plastic together, should not be making $30 an hour. Thats the problem, and they wonder why they aren’t turning a profit.

ford also has to go through it’s supply plants and close the ones down that it can. the stamping plant here in buffalo is probably safe - they’ve been putting a lot of cash into it lately, almost a 3rd of a billion.

GM needs to get it’s act together very quick like. I don’t see them going under in 2-3 years but I see the reign of Japanese carmakers becoming complete. “muahahaha.”

unless the Chinese come here and beat the Japanese at their own game…

Chinese are still 8 years behind the Koreans.

Koreans are probably getting to a level that will be equal or better than American and they are knocking on the Japanese door.

German > Japanese > American = Korean > Chinese

British, Sweedish, and Italian cars are too small in the American to be considered, but the above to show how the hierarchy of quality and prestige will be for the next 5 years in car ownership (and to include where Chery’s will be).

:smiley:

Wow…definately the dumbest comment I’ve heard all day.

You’re right, we should blow up all the GM factories in America, then they’ll start making money…

:biglaugh: :bloated: