Formula D Round 3 Wall, NJ pics round 2 ... (Static+Smoke)

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1277/4679174111_bf4b6de0be_b.jpg
NAWZZ!!! :ahh

Glad to see the action shots in this round.

I hope you were going to post these anyway and didn’t consider them “throwout” because they tell a much better story when combined all together, especially with the inclusion of people (shot 5). Event coverage unlike typical single car shoots tends to get people lost in the amount of pictures and different material in them, which is why shaping it in a form of a “story” is always the best bet, even if the story is purely based on a timeline structure.

Oh and that truck is silly :wow

The hardest part of shooting at this event was the fact that I didn’t get a green vest like you see in the picture that you quoted … The shots I could have gotten if only I knew people … :frowning:

Press pass? They aren’t all that hard to get. For all I care present yourself as a Shift Photographer and we’ll make you a press pass.

Dan,

You found “TROLL”'s car on Supraforums!!!

i dont know exactly how it all works … i know david tormey said he almost didnt get his and he shoots for canibeat so i cant imagine it would be all that easy to get one ???

ahhhh that i did … friggan nice it is

Yep, good dude too.

This paint scheme on the GTR in this picture, makes the GTR look like shit… Really flat looking like a loafer or something

press passes have gotten a lot harder to get. they make you jump through hoops now. i know people that shot for modified magazine that were questioned about getting in. you need to make all the arrangement ahead of time. you will never get a pass the day of

Ditto.
I was going to photograph the first drift event at Mt. Ascutney in Vermont a couple years ago. I would have had to walk the course with the rest of the drivers ahead of time, sign papers, and be limited on locations where I could be.

As a freelancer it’s next to impossible, and it’s hard even when you work for any sort of publication.

There is no universal press pass that will get you through the door to everything, every PUBLICATION has to get a pass for every event 3 to 4 months in advance. The pass then later is handed to the dedicated photographer who is going to the event, who has to bring all the credentials with him to prove the validity. With so many freelancers and amateurs it’s only getting harder and harder to make room for yourself in a crowd of cameras and the presses are typically limited.

Monster Energy Mustang is fucking NASTY looking

good pics but it was formula d round 3. there is no d1 in the states this year.

whoops ma bad … good catch

Rear tires are mounted backwards. Directional tires facing the wrong way? Is this a drifter trick? I honestly don’t know. Maybe its just strange to me…

LSx bitchesssss

:thumbup

a bit contradictory no?

Hence why I said “Shift Photographer”, not exactly a freelancer then is he now?

I knew the last shot in the first set, of the truck, but with the lugs strangely out of focus, was a teaser! Strong Work.