Forum Newb

I’m a forum newb so I got a question that’s ALWAYS bugged me…

What does ‘rep power’ mean, and why do I have 2?

Thanks,

Dan

Oh, and le tthe flaming begin :slight_smile:

Dan only you would post something so random… GO CLEAN BIG BIRD!!!

an yeah why am i back down to 2 rep power squares? RICK WTF have you been messing with?

i know that if you click the little scale thing at the bottom it adds to your power. I think its just basically a way of showing how reputable the poster is.

i.e a way of actually giving someone a +1

The reputation system is also known as karma. This is a way for members to show their approval or disapproval of one of your posts or your general behaviour on TorontoNissan Forums. The reputation level of any user can is represented by the little dots displayed next to the user’s post count. There are two kinds of reputation, the good and the bad. The symbolises good reputation whereas the symbolises bad reputation. The number of dots denotes how high or low the user’s reputation level is. Each level of reputation is associated with a message. This message can be viewed when holding your mouse over the reputation dots and changes when the user reaches a new level. When going to your User cp, on the opening page you can see your total reputation count as well as the 10 latest reputation comments. Only Advanced and members of the staff have the ability to see who added to their reputation. Next to the individual reputation post you can see what kind of reputation you have received. symbolises good reputation, symbolises bad reputation and symbolises that the user who tried to add to your reputation in any way didn’t have enough giving power to affect your reputation level. You reputation power depends on several factors: You must have at least 60 posts before you can give reputation to another member. You must have at least 10 reputation points before you can give reputation to other members. Your reputation power is increased by one for every 50 days you have been registered. Your reputation power is increased by one for every 80 posts you have made. Your reputation power is increased by one for every 100 reputation points you have received. If you wish to add to the reputation of a user, find the post you like or dislike and click on the icon found in the top right corner of the post. This will open a pop-up where you can choose what kind of reputation you want to add and where you have the option of writing a message to the user. Since the system is meant to be a reward, you should only give out reputation points when it is truly earned. Furthermore, asking for reputation points is viewed upon with disapproval.

Wow… too much knowledge.

Teach me oh wise one! (On Saturday evening ;))

lol… u guys asked.