Free Wooden Pallets?

Anybody know anyplace that has them? i always seem them on teh side of the road etc… and i know warehouses usually give them away… i need ~6 to make a box for my fireplace wood to keep it off the ground…

Places like wegmans, tops, etc… have plenty of “free” pallets laying around.

i thought that, but i asked the local tops and they told me they now “reuse” them or recycle them as part of their green initiative…

I always used to see free pallet ads in the pennysaver…

If you are getting them from wegmans, they are not free. Wegmans actually owns very few pallets, as we rent the rest from two other companies.

Notice that free was in quotations…

i noticed that. lol. :snky:

Same place that you met me to grab that wire. Around back we always have a bunch. There are like 3 creepy weirdos in trucks that show up randomly and take them to resell. If you get there before them they are all yours.

I asked around and so far home depot seems to be ok. As long as the pallets aren’t blue you can take them. Also, harbor freight usually has a stack or two each week up for grabs.

I’ve got some. what size do you need.

edit: I have 4x4s and 4x8s. They are also located in Medina NY so it may be a little too far

I have one huge one probably 4x8 that I just put on the side of my house 5 mins ago. You have till trash day on Friday if you want to scoop it. It is starting to rain though :frowning:

If you want to stop by sunday afternoon there are a bunch on the basement of the apartment we’re moving out of and there will be like 6 - 8 i won’t need anymore.

I have some at my shop you can have. PM me about picking them up if you want them.

Blue pallets are usually CHEP pallets and places will never give those away as CHEP buys them back. We had a problem where the company that takes our old pallets was stealing our CHEP pallets and reselling them for $2 and we had to buy them back for $16. :banghead:

I can prob kick you some plastics or woods soon. Ill check and see we normally throw them out

Check with local nurserys- they seem to give away a fair amount when they get worn.

Fireplace Outlet
2172 Niagara Falls Blvd
Tonawanda 14150

I’ve got a bunch on the side/back of the building in all sorts of sizes. Have at it.

try office depot on maple near UB

OT:Is this you? as in an employee, i need to talk about an insert

PMed