frozen windows/doors. not good. BMW content

so most of u know that i have an 95 m3 as a daily. well what u may not know is that when u open the door, the window goes down about .5" everytime you open the door to allow for clearance, then goes back up when the door is closed.

well, the door was frozen shut this morning and the window would not go down. o shit, am i going to have this problem all winter?

what i want to know is, will the door open with the window frozen up? not sure it will but thought i would ask. seems to me BMW’s engineers would have thought of this b4 putting it into production.

:facepalm

bro, toss some lube on the seals, bro.

use a little silicon lube all around the upper door seal, bro. just a thin coating should suffice, bro.

and wouldn’t you rather have a SEALING frameless window than some rackety old wrx style draft maker?

engineers DID think about it, which is why it is the way it is. what they didn’t think about was some meathead living in antarctica driving the car 14 years later without doing proper maintenance, bro.

For the door… Spray a whole bunch of WD-40 on it . It actually does help prevent it sticking over the winter. Shit would happen in my jetta all the time last year. I did this and never had my door stick.

And what Benny said… Silicon Lube on the door seals
For the window… I dont know

Benny, I’m having the same problem on my 325i. I used KY but it froze and it’s all over my hands and people at work can smell it :frowning:

you used a water based lubricant, bro. water freezes, bro.

Heated garage BRO

cool bro, good advice! will do it later bro.

Yup

2 car garage, vette on one side, bike and roomates car on the other side. we rotate the garage. every other week its mine. this week its not. my gargage and i get the shaft :frowning: FML

and people say I don’t contribute anything here.

DIE IN FIRE AND BRIMSTONE ILYA

offer to pay more rent, and discount his rent for year round garage usage, BRO.

unless you mean “dad” by saying “roommate” :rofl

ni99er, its my house not his. he pays more rent to use half the garage.

:facepalm

so kick your dads ass and push his dumpy whipz outta dat geerage

BRO

Thats what i did in my old townhouse. Paid more and the garage was mine. Didn’t even allow people in there. Lock and key bitches. Sexed in there a few times during parties even

im going to shove a bottle of hot sauze up ur ass.

really??? wow cool, good story BRah!

:Idiots

Use vasaline on the door seal and on the bottom of the window seals just little dab will do ya!

Shit double post