stupid frozen vw doors

i can get in to the car, but i cant stay in it.
the damn doors wont stay shut. i have used lock de-icer and wd-40 and i am getting no love.

guess i am staying home today

My door was stuck this morning…i had to pull so damn hard to get it open…

stupid yellow car

hair dryer

karma?? :shrug:

what did you wash your cars last night or something?

no, it’s because VW’s are fucking garbage.

john,
try starting the car and running it with the heat on full blast for a few minutes. That’s what i used to have to do.

you probably forced the latch and bent the hardware inside… I used to do that with my old corsica sometimes.

my focus does the same thing… they freeze up and I can’t get it closed…
Toss some hot water down the window… Make sure its just hot and not boiling… also… Make sure you drive around for a lil while so the water gets out… make sure to run your heat.

I had the same problem this morning when i got out of work…
but It aint even that cold…:eyebrow:
and to top it off, i drove home from work with no freaking winshield washer fluid thingy…the shit was empty…i drove with a dirty winshield for 25 minutes…Now that sucked…

drove to work holding the drivers side door with my left hand, and had a shoe lace tied to the passanger side door and to my right hand. some how i managed to steer and shift at the same time.

oh, and i get out close the door, and the fucking thing latches grrrr

must hav warmed up enough from having the heat on. so i wd-40’d the shit out of it some more.

stupid vw

HAHAHAHAHAHHA

dude, if you were going to use that method, just roll the windows down a bit front and rear and tie some rope around the B pillar, then roll the windows most of the way back up.

i have a vw remember? the power windows dont work for shit

should have kept the honda. oh oh oh

This is getting more an more funny by the day. Missing good 'ol Honda yet?

I had that problem w/ my old cars, never had it with the Audi, must be Karma. You suck at teh veedubs

I feel your pain, but find it amusing considering the ass raping you hand out to the vw crowd.

Atleast all of the problems you are having are known, common problems in older vw’s.

I own one but will never buy another one as a daily.

yup, i rofled

i figured with all the bs you guys gave me about how great these cars are, that it would make a great daily.

guess not.

no, its not. even jager said they are common problems. thats an awful lot of common problems.

you are right. i think these are uncommon to all happen in such a stretch. i dont know the specifics of your car but i assume you bought it with some miles on it and this is gonna happen to any car some % of the time.

I would not go as far as jager to say i will never buy another vw as a daily. i still think they make great dailys.

i honestly dont know what the deal with your door is. i have never even heard of it. did you get your stumble start prob fixed?

yea, it was a throttle angle sensor something or another. the pcv line is all oily, and i think the throttle plate is a little gummed up. i need to take the intake off and clean that shit out. no biggie.

my vag-com cable came in yesterday so that helps. i keep getting a cel from the O2. the lady said it was just changed, either she or her shop is full of shit.