FS: 1973 datsun 240z

Posting this for my pal. Car needs some TLC but it runs good and whatnot. Needs an airspeed calibration or something like that, I’m not 100% sure. Like I said it runs good and rolls and everything, and is in pretty good shape overall. Does have some problems with a rear panel or some such, have to talk to him about it not me. Call Rich at 716-864-5847. Leave a voicemail, the kid is usually working.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y195/admiralacv/For%20sale/010107010401011606200805257c6469d60.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y195/admiralacv/For%20sale/01150301020101030020080525cc48747c2.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y195/admiralacv/For%20sale/01151301020301160220080525f3e3548e0.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y195/admiralacv/For%20sale/01020701040401161320080525f9662d704.jpg

Car is in Lakeview.

This kid wasted my time telling me it was rust free besides a few little spots.

the frame rails are rotted away so bad that the swaybar link doesn’t even have anything to attach to

this car is rotted to shit. every panel on the car is just paint over severe rot. I bet I could put my hand through every panel on this car.

I wouldn’t be so pissed if he didn’t lie to me about the condition. it was like a 35 minute drive each way. fuck.

I’m fairly certain that’s not even true. I’m posting this for him I have nothing to do with the car or anyone who wants to call him. I’m done here.

fuck you you little kid. Ask him if it’s true. I bet I’m the only one who showed up to look at the car in a grey 240z.

and yeah, when you only have one day off and you spend two hours right in the middle of it completely wasted on something a kid can’t be upfront about, yeah it was hard.

edit: and my reason for posting it here is so the kid doesn’t waste anyone elses time. It’s a rotted to shit car that’s worth maybe $300. He told me it was a pretty rust free car and was asking like 2k or so.

not my fault your young friend is a liar

Relax yo A.

haha i didnt know andre was capable of getting this upset!

regardless this thing would be neat if it is in fact in good shape… sounds like that may not be the case though lol… regardless, GLWS!

bummer… thos things rule…

Damn, now thats bad.

lol. i was working like 70 hours a week at the time and had one day off (ton of things to do that day). I had to forego a few things to check out this car. Had he been upfront about the condition I would not have gone, but the kid was very deceptive in his description.

the only consolation was the kid told me about a mint autotragic white Z on rt 5 not too far from his house. For 15k it was well out of my range, but great to see something in such pristine of condition. All original. Damn thing had like 14k miles!

heh, didn’t mean to get upset. just hate it when people lie. and continue lying. my momma didn’t raise me to tell no fibs!

Wow sounds like a rot bucket.

Those pictures are deceptive. What a shame.

Tell your friend to be honest when selling the car. Don’t just try to make a quick buck and sell a hunk of junk… NOT COOL.

If andre says the thing i that bad, I trust that. Might as well lock the thread :slight_smile:

Agreed.

+1 for trusting andre’s word on this one

I know of both of these cars - that white one’s out near the res and it’s gorgeous, think the guy had a '64 Impala, too

i know the seller and i highly doubt he knew about the degree of rot. Obviously andre knows where to look to find it.

yah if anyone is interested he’s also got a 2.8 motor & trans. but it’s been sitting out in his backyard for a couple years (which he didnt tell me about when he told me he had them) so I’m not sure the condition of that either

I only saw the Z but man that thing was clean. nicest z car I’ve ever seen, and I’ve been to every Z convention in the northeast in the past decade

i know the seller and i know the car just sat in his yard for a least a year or 2 bec he couldn’t find the keys. doesn’t surprise me that the car is rotted out, most vehicles that kid owned r rotted