fs: 1982 BMW 320i

Im selling my '82 320i.
This is a project car for anyone looking for a decent track car or even a nice daily driver…Only reason it’s a project aside from the cosmetics (which isnt half as bad as some of the s13’s selling on here) is it needs a new camshaft to run. One of the teeth on it broke and it doesnt generate a strong enough spark to start the engine. But it still turns over…it’s just nothing happens. When this happened i was planning on sticking my old ka24e into the car, but i just dont have time anymore…got way too much work to do now…started a small company…its been sitting since the winter time now.

If someone is interested in restoring to stock, ive got tons and tons of info for this car and a bunch of resources…this car is the first fuel injected system of its kind for the year…its got a jet tronic bosch fuel injected system. Super old school but easy enough to fix! Everything on the car is mechanical…except the fuel injected system obviously.

Specs and good stuff:

• Full Reccaro interior, including front seats(they hug real nice!) steering wheel, knob, etc.
  • 207 XXXkm on the body and engine
  • it’s been undercoated
  • Frame rails and underbody are MINT for 20+ year old, its a solid chasis.
  • It has a LSD!!!
  • Super light frame…
  • 2 sets of rims, the mesh ones on the car and the old school classic rims with black and chrome.
  • All the tires on the car including the other set of rims are 85% or more except for the 2 front ones on (the mesh rims)
  • Brand new OEM BMW gas tank on one side and the other gas tank on the other side was re-sealed…the OEM tank was 550$ and the rebuilt was 120$…both brand new.
  • It has the original OEM 320i whale tail
  • The paint still shines when its cleaned…it was repainted a few years ago.
  • New battery
  • new plug wires
  • new distributor cap + rotor
  • If you do a motor swap, no emissions needed…drop in a small block v8 or even an sr20det or anything that will fit !!! it super easy because theres no electrical on this car!! It would be a fun project for anyone who has the time…wont be all that hard, just need some custom engine mounts, driveshaft and tranny mounts and you should be good to go!
  • you can also drop in a E30 motor (inline 6) from the newer generation of 320’s…i can hook that up for about 1500$ in labour + the cost of the engine and tranny and ecu and harness…i know someone who will do it that route in about 2 weeks. That shop is located in Mississauga and stricly deals with only BMW’s.

The not so good:

• Some minimal surface rust on fenders and rockers.
  • one perfectly cut out hole in the floor about 3 inches in diameter behind the driver seat…no rust of nothing, its like it was cut out purposely.
  • rear seats are ripped,
  • passenger seat is ripped a litte
  • needs a new camshaft gear to be able to run, new one is about 450$ or you can get one at a junk yard.
  • needs some shifter bushings (16$ at partsource)

car is located in mississauga.
Pm me with questions or to see the car.

500$ ( i can arrange for a tow for +$ or we can work something out.) and ill include my old ka24e wtih engine harness and ECU.
OR trade for a working, in rough shape 240sx.

thanks

new OEM BMW gas tank

broken cam shaft gear tooth

other set of sweet ass rims

a pic of oneliek mine…this was my goal before it borke.

i want the white car in the first pic

that is not for sale…thats a friend of mines.

But you can buy this car! : )

i’m thinking about it it might be a little more then i’m willing to take on right now just finishing up one project dont know if i want to go head first into another i need to find a nice mig welder first them we will talk
wouldn’t mind taking a look at it

bump! someone make me an offer…or trade for a working beater? I need a car for the gf…anything that runs and drives and that is cert and etested…dont care what it is, maybe we can work out a trade + cash (depending what it is) for anything working cert and etested car…

Ok parting out the car, anyone wants the Recaro seats with rails ? They hug and hold you place really nice! Would make a nice replacement for the s13 seats… Small and light! 200$ obo.

steering wheel, whale tail(aka spoiler), LSD, gas tanks (both new), fog lights, headlights, rims and tires (4x100 i believe), sun roof visor, new battery, lug nuts, skid plate, driveshaft, etc.

make me offers on parts you might be interested in!

got some pics of the seat and wheel???recaro nice rails to if ya can

look at the pictures. I have one of the seat and you can see the wheel too. The rails are black but are in decent shape.