FS: 1987 Mazda RX-7 TII

let me start off by saying how royally pissed off i am right now. because of the 4 bullshit tickets i have on my record, my insurance company refuses to insure me on an RX-7, and yet i asked and they said 240SX’s are fine…hmm. so i’m going to have to sell it, right after putting so much goddamn fucking work into it.

anyways, onto the matter at hand.

car is a 1987 Mazda RX-7 FC3S TII. i bought it for $4000 in March with 187,XXXkm on it, body now has 193,XXX on it. immediatley after buying it i replaced the clutch and all the brakes with brand new OEM parts, new brake master and some new lines, new clutch master.

the car is currently at Neetronics. in early June the original engine let go of an oil seal. i purchased a 1989 S5 J-Spec 13B-turbo engine and we just finished swapping it into the car. removed OMP, rat’s nest, A/C, some other emissions junk, and also blocked off or removed a few un-needed items. engine has aftermarket BOV and a cone intake. S5 keg and internals, S5 turbo, S4 injectors and rails, S4 intake manifolds, S5 alternator with dual underdrive pulley, S4 power steering pump, stock S4 top-mount intercooler. the engine only has 40,000k on it.

here’s where the car stands right now. we just finished the swap, engine has spark, has fuel, and has combustion, but for some reason we can’t get it to start no matter what we try. i’m taking the car over to Mazdee’s this week to get it sorted out, and the car will be sold running no matter what i have to spend.

here’s some other details:

-new paint 2 years ago. dark blue with slight metallic flake. some chips in the bumper, small chunk of paint missing on trailing edge of driver side fender where the door caught it. trim and hatch were painted too.

• surface rust starting to bubble around rear wheel wells. hardly noticeable, NOT through yet, and very easily fixable. rest of the car is rust free.

• does not have a TII hood for some reason. previous owner swapped it out for an N/A steel hood.

• on stock 16" S4 TII wheels with Bridgestone Insignia tires, still lots of tread left, very nice tires.

• working power sunroof, power mirrors, power windows.

• 5-speed. obviousley.

• stock Tokico blue shocks.

• aftermarket exhaust. looks like 2’ piping back, only one cat (instead of stock 2), into nasty muffler with 4" tip. muffler came with the car, looks gross but actually sounds pretty good.

• car has base model seats instead of the TII items, but my buddy has a set that i could buy off him and include with the sale.

• interior in pretty good shape. 2 broken vents, crack in the idiot cluster surround, wiper switch only works in one setting (all of which are trademark FC problems). comes with a leather rear seat from a GXL. some panels are currently removed but i can put them back in before the sale.

• boost gauge and A/F gauge on a-pillar. boost gauge isn’t wired in yet but there’s a stock one in the cluster anyways.

• brand new Sony X-Plod speakers in the back, front ones don’t work and i haven’t looked into them yet.

• car currently has a really nice Pioneer MP3/CD head-unit in it right now, i can include it in the sale for $200 more.

• removed FTP lenses from bumper.

• S5 tail-lights.

• H4 bulbs

• no-name front strut bar.

• bottom part of bumper is cracked in one spot from where i hit a racoon. it’s being held up to the tow hook with a zip-tie and isn’t very noticeable.

pictures: NOTE: the exterior trim pieces are not mounted in the pictures, and are not yet currently mounted because i need to find a way to get the shitty old tape off first.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v727/Suislide1337/DSCN1219.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v727/Suislide1337/DSCN1569.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v727/Suislide1337/DSCN1200.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v727/Suislide1337/DSCN1245.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v727/Suislide1337/DSCN1233.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v727/Suislide1337/DSCN1218.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v727/Suislide1337/DSCN1231.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v727/Suislide1337/DSCN1839.jpg

i’m VERY interested in trades. S13’s, S14’s, AE86’s…whatever. must be 5-speed and clean.

asking price = $5500 obo.

thanks for looking.

-Brian

ur pix arnt working

fixed. sorry about that.

shoot me a PM or e-mail to driftRPS13@hotmail.com if you’re interested.

thanks.

So you’re heart sint rotating anymore eh?

Shame man, real shame… GL with the sale and ownership of new car.

buy a beat up 86 rx7 and switch the vins
they wont insure you because its the T2 model

I tried pressing the fart button but it wouldnt let me

ive seen this car, very clean car.

Would you be interested in a trade for a black S13 hatch? NO rust exterior, only one spot on the frame (near the catalytic converter on the driver’s side)
DOHC KA pulls HARD, brand new ACT organic clutch & heavy duty pp, brand new fidanza lightweight flywheel, also has a new B&M shifter (NOT a replica, bought it from Greg). Has a Corbeau fia homo racing bucket, pretty nice stereo (cept for the sub, it’s kinda blown), comes with a spare DOHC KA missing an oilpan, valvecover & cams, comes with full 5 lug and Z32 brake conversion (not installed), 30mm aluminum, including braided SS lines for all 4 corners, including brand new in box S14 balljoints and brand new still in the bag hardware kit for the Z32 brakes. Comes with Z32 TT rims (8.5" rears), painted bronze, with nearly brand new rubber on them, Azenis front FK451 rear. Currently it has 16*7.5 +35 ASA (BBS) wheels and it’s on Eibach SPortlines & Tokico Blues. 240km/h Speedo conversion installed. Also, OEM aero from nelly, not installed and a knockoff hotshot header not installed. More random spare parts, will throw them all in.

The bad:
The aforementioned spot on the frame, even though it is quite small, there is an exhaust leak between the dp&cat that would be fixed by swapping in the header, paint doesn’t look too great on it. That’s about it that I can think of. This car has been insanely reliable and I’ve always run 91 octane gas on it and Mobil1 synthetic oil, ask AnDrEw if you don’t believe me.
The minimum I would consider is a straight trade, depending on what condition your car is, a lot of the parts are brand new, or not even installed and they cost me quite a bit of coin. NOT interested in selling the car or parting if anyone else is asking, I’m only interested b/c I love RX-7s as well, and was looking into buying a TII before I bought my S13.

I tried pressing the fart button but it wouldnt let me[/quote]
It’s a little tricky, keep trying :wink:

Solarian, check your PM’s.

240coupe - i’m going to see if i can find a cheap parts car or something and do what you said (it was suggested to me last night by a friend as well) and if that works out, then i just won’t sell the car. but if i get a good enough offer on it before then, i’ll sell.

like i said i’m mostly interested in trades so i have as little downtime as possible in between cars. i have a shitty van to drive around for now but i’d like to finish off the summer in a nice car and at least be able to make it out to one fucking event this summer (i swear to god i’m cursed).

sell me the 13b! lol

i’ll sell you the 13b for $5500 with a free car!!

:stuck_out_tongue:

bump.

price is OBO, very open to trades.

bump.

the car is now running.

BUMP!

so i really need this gone now. it starts and runs fine if you clamp off the fuel hose, that is until the fuel in the line runs out. with the hose unclamped, it will not start. we haven’t done any work on it since early September, got frustrated and fed up and as much as i want to get it running for the buyer, i also don’t want to spend another $1000 that i won’t get back (since i’ve already put $3500 into the car since i got it, and especially since i can’t even legally drive it on the road anymore). it’s still at Neetronics for the time being, but i will be getting a trailer and taking it home to my parent’s house in caledon within the next couple of weeks.

my winter beater van that i just got for free is falling apart faster than i can keep up with, just blew the rad on the way home and spent $80 on a tow. don’t know how i’m going to get to work tomorrow. i need to sell this car so i can buy something remotely reliable.

price is still OBO, and i am still very interested in trades, for pretty much anything.

driftRPS13@hotmail.com or 416-898-2631

try zippo lighter fluid for the crappy old tape. works on glass im not to sure about the paint tho.

$4500.

i’m losing alot of money on this but i need the fucking thing gone because as of monday, i’m bussing it. i need another car ASAP.

did you get this car running yet ?

nope. didn’t bother since i couldn’t drive it anyways. i think the problem could be fuel-pump related, since it was giving me problems before the engine swap too. but i can’t say for sure. all the guys at Neetronics took a look at it and everyone is stumped as to why it won’t start. someone like Joe from RPM could probably get it running in no time.

it’s now at my parent’s house in Caledon, ready for viewing if anyone wants to check it out. still asking $4500 obo or looking for interesting trades. i’d really be interested in an early '90s Pathfinder, 4Runner, or 4x4 Jap truck, preferably 5-speed.
i’m still trying to sell it, i really need to buy another car for the winter cause i’m stuck busing it to and from work right now and to be honest, it blows chunks haha.

416-898-2631

thanks,
brian

is it still at neetronics?