Selling my 87 RX7. $900 OBO.

Hi everyone. I’m sad to let this go but I’m moving to Arizona in March and I have some quite outstanding bills to pay. I have no other alternative but to sell my RX7. It currently suffers from coolant seal failure but it starts and runs (It overheats after a couple of minutes indicating a seal failure near the exhaust section). It’s a relatively cheap fix but I’m broke and don’t have the time or patience to fix it.

links to photos are at the bottom of the post!

Here’s the low-down on the car.
-Has a limited slip rear (rare option on the SE model)
-Car has 117k on it all original miles. Engine has not been rebuilt. Ran like a champ til a water seal blew.
-It’s a 4-lug SE model with a power sunroof, power mirrors, and factory mazda car alarm
-This model DOES NOT HAVE REAR SEATS OR STORAGE
-Has AC but the compressor does not engage and the R-12 system is dry.
-No power steering (never had it by the way)
-Crank windows! Yay!
-New front pads and rotors and driver’s side caliper installed 8/08
-New rear pads and calipers installed 12/08
-New battery installed 2/08
-Has an exhaust leak (suprise suprise) but it’s not too bad.
-New tires put on 1/08
-New NGK spark plugs installed 11/08
-Clutch master cylinder replaced 10/08
-A couple of very small rust spots starting in the rear wheelwells but nothing serious at all.
-VERY minimal undercar rust. NO FRAME ROT :slight_smile: Very clean underside for a 22 year old car.
-Interior has 2 tears on driver’s seat.
-Clock doesn’t work (They never do for some reason)
-When I bought the car I was told “The clutch had been replaced 500 miles prior to the purchase” (I bought the car in July of 07) which I could believe since it’s smooth and firm, doesn’t slip but don’t hold me to that because I honestly don’t know.
-Transmission shifts beautifully, no grinding
-I just aligned the car in november so it rolls straight
-It’s got a cheap set of koenig rims I got for free with the tires (don’t hate)

This car needs to go fast and I CANNOT ACCEPT TRADES. CASH ONLY.

I would like to get $900 for the car so I can take care of these bills all in one shot but cash talks so make me an offer.

If there is anything else you would like to know about the car please reply or PM me.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v367/thesupra/1006081845b.jpg

great project car! wish i had the time and money to do it…
bump for you

better pics interested

shit, sweet budget build drift car. wish i had the $ i’d be doin it sideways everywhere!
GLWS

Thanks! It’s in great shape to build which is why I bought it. I was going to build a track car but the credit card company seems to not want me to do that soooo here I am.

yea man i hear ya, i had a 99 m3 that i had to sell bc of those damn things…glws tho man!

I’ll take some better ones of the interior for you and some higher res photos of the outside. If you’re seriously interested, that’s great because I need it out very soon. Bill collectors have been on my back for weeks!

Yeah if I can get 900 for this thing, I’m payin off my credit card completely and stashing the rest away for another RX7 hehe. I just can’t get enough of these cars =D

Take it to Amsterdam on the first of next month and you could probably get $2500 for it. PR’s love RX-7’s.

If I had a bigger garage, I would totally get this son’ bitch. good luck with the sale dude.

good point.

bump

cool car id love to see someone around here swap a 3.8 turbo into it

and me swap the 13b in the miata :stuck_out_tongue:

::Thumbs up::

I’ll sell ya the motor for 600, chaz.

Put it in the driveway under a tarp :wink:

looks great! GLWS

Yeah when I was living in FL some puerto rican dude offered me 3 grand cash for it (with 105k on the odometer!) and stupid me turned him down.

Trade for jdm sti struts, springs, and whiteline swaybars Some kid left them at my house i need to move them

No trades. Sorry, I have to pay my credit card off or those nasty bill collectors will come and take my rx7 anyways. =[

bump