1990 RX7 GTU The "i fucking give up car" 1900$

HOLY SHIT IT RUNS NOW

$2000

716-445-0883 For a now running car

First off the body:

This is a 95% rust free rx7, it is bubbling up around the rear quarter panel about the size of a quarter. The sunroof is rusted, however i have a replacement panel and a sunroof motor that will go with the car. The rear has a few paint cracks and the spoiler was removed. (sun roof does work, but needs some help sometimes)

(video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0rrCmLkZvI)
The engine was rebuilt, it has 32k miles on it since rebuild Compression is good, lowest rotor face is 95psi they are all within 10 psi of each other i measured this once i got the car running.

I have a set of OEM fog lights to go with it, and JDM selective yellow bulbs

The car currently has snows on the rears, and questionable quality fronts [ATTACH=CONFIG]19328[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]19327[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]19326[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]19325[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]19324[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19333[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]19329[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]19330[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]19332[/ATTACH]

Texted you, only if that rust wasn’t there this would be sold :frowning: Glws looks clean should go quick.

I still say you do it.

http://www.hinsonsupercars.com/p-1040-complete-fc-conversion-package.aspx

Sharp little car. Hvae you tried a priest?

Forgot to mention, the spoiler is no longer on the car, it was heavily cracked and damaged anyways.

FWIW when the car was driving, it was incredibly smooth, the transmission shifted great and did not smoke at all, it would start up almost immediately

pic of quarter panel rust:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19334[/ATTACH]

Is the clear flaking on the front or is it the pics?

Its the pics, the car was wet the only flaking is on / near the sunroof

Also i should mention that if i manually ground out the primary injectors while cranking the car will run, the last thing that it could be is the ECU

dumb question, but what air meter is on that the plastic or aluminum? i know the metal one has a fuel switch inside and those style air meters are always bad, i used to have a stack of the rx7 b codes around for reasons like that…

ok i apparently i cant read i missed where you have fuel presure. i had one at work doing this before, let me think if i can remember wtf i did to it

Its the crappy plastic one, i want to replace it but they cost around 300$

try car-part.com if you dont mind buying used shit, they got air meters as low as 30 and ecus for a little bit more. ive yet to get a bad part from them

also accepting OBO right now

No don’t give up on it! I know nothing about working on rotaries but I would love to learn someday. Timing’s not right for me though right now.

The last thing it could be is the MAF, and i dont have the cash laying around right now to go get one.

I’m looking for a winter project and a fun summer car but. . . How current are these pictures??? The plates are crazy old, and the leaves are still green . . . when was the last time it was on the road?

it was on the road driving 4 days ago, And then these problems started… those are the plates i put on it to avoid being towed when i first got the car here before i registered it at the beginning of the month.

The pictures were taken about a week to 10 days ago if i remember correctly

F It, i’ll throw the fogs in for free if someone comes and picks this up. I’m gonna go put a down payment on a CR-Z for work purposes.

If it had the spoiler on I’d take it. J/K
This thing looks super clean. Shocked you’re selling it if it’s down to a few fairly minor issues. I’d say keep it but I dunno your situation of course.
GLWS

I’ve exhausted every resource i have. The last resort is to check it out with another maf which i will hopefully do today if that doesn’t fix it i’m just going to put it in storage if nobody buys it.

Hey robftw, appreciate the dibs on it. If I wasn’t planning trips and such, this would already be sitting in my back garage. Hope you find a good home for her.