FS: 1989 240sx 68,000 km

i don’t usually get involved with sales dept stuff, but they have this car that they are trying to sell & it’s an awesome deal for the right person.
it’s a red 89 240sx, auto with only 68,000 km on it. you can see pics of this car at http://www.trader.ca/powerpage/details.aspx?vlotid=1291955&adid=4662442

if anyone is interested, they may get it for under $5000.

This would be a prime car for a 5 speed swap.

What a clean car.

it really is a nice car, the tranny is the only problem. like i said…for the right person!

what’s the problem of the tranny? any rust on the car? like the strut tower, floor panel, truck and sunroof.

I’ve seen this car in person as I know some of the guys at Downtown Nissan…It’s pretty damn clean…just some surface rust on the underbody and some areas around the bumpers look re-painted…but still, can you honestly justify 8 grand for an automatic '89?? That’s a lot of coin for a 16 year old 240.

btw, I dont think theyre willing to let it go for under 5 G’s…at least not when I last saw it.

How can they sell the 89 240sx for 8 grands with underbody rust? i thought it’s rust free car.

do i go to the dealership to check out the car or what?

mark, you can come & visit, or call me at 416-865-1880 & ask for gary. also, you have some competition, as another board member has contacted me earlier.

cgguy there have been some substantial management changes here at the dealership & we need to clean things up a bit around here.

Even if it’s clean, and low km, $8000 is way above market value. You could pull a cleaner one from the US for far less than that. New management isn’t an excuse for extortion :wink: But if you can get the $8000, more power to you! (and congrats on the commission, since you cant have paid more than $2000 for it :wink: ) I think you may have better luck on trader however.

axel, i think you misread my original post regarding pricing!

btw - i am the service manager, i don’t get paid any commision on cars i sell, i’m just trying to help out & give somebody a deal. the previous sales manager paid WAY more than 2000

Really? Well I stand corrected. When I was in sales, I never saw a car come in over black book. Black book on an '89 can’t be more than $1500 for perfect shape.

In any case, I see it’s listed for $7995 but you said they’d take $5000. I’m not coming down on you, just whoever sets the price. I can see you’re just trying to help someone out.

Cheers

he who set the price (and bought the car for more than twice book value) is no longer working here!
the car is being sold at a loss to make room for more appropriate/properly priced cars!

Garage guy, don’t get me wrong. I’ve actually had many great experiences dealing with Downtown Nissan. The parts dept. there is very knowledgeable, and for the most part some of the best guys I’ve dealt with.

Having said that I’ve never purchased a vehicle there or dealt with the sales team. As for that '89 240sx I still have to say that 8G’s is far too much to ask. If indeed you have some information that it’d sell for under $5,000 then maybe you’d have a leg to stand on.

Why would anyone here buy a car with such low mileage only to replace the power train with an SR?? The whole idea of doing a swap revolves around the notion of finding a dirt cheap chassis which are plentiful and easy to find.

Your best bet would be to sell it to another old lady who’d keep the auto tranny intact and drive it as is. Again, it’s a nice car, it just doesn’t really fit the criteria of what most guys here are trying to do.

Killer KAT platform though

too bad its not a coupe else it prolly would be worth it to someone

Garage guy, who owns the black 97-98 s14 I always see there?

i’m not sure mike - i actually haven’t seen it, but i’ll find out