FS: 1990 Audi Coupe Quattro

Selling my 1990 Audi Coupe Quattro.

READ ENTIRE AD PLEASE!!

will say this first off: the car needs a clutch kit and clutch slave.

car runs just fine BUT will not be drivable because of this. it will need to be towed (CAA or whatevs). i do not have the money nor the interest to go sinking more $ into repairs so i’m taking a huge loss. the tranny is already out so half of the labour has already been done.

i have just gotten a new job at a car dealership where i will be getting a demo, so it’s probably time for me to take a break from old cars for a bit.

if you are still interested, read on…

specs:

-bullet-proof 2.3 5-cylinder 20V DOHC non-turbo
-super-rare body-style. haven’t seen another one since i bought it
-cloth interior (cold leather sucks in the winter anyways)
-interior in almost perfect shape
-huge back seat for a 2-door
-almost everything works (see below)
-legendary full-time Quattro AWD with lockable rear diff
-heated front seats (still works)
-automatic digital climate control (heat blows HOT)
-8 way power front seats (both still work)
-power windows
-power mirrors
-driver’s seat memory system (4 settings)
-trip computer (6 settings. timer, fuel economy etc.)
-power locks
-factory Speedline 15" wheels with all centre caps and good all-seasons
-2-way power sunroof (works like a charm. no leaks)
-pillar-less doors
-60/40 split rear seat with pass-through
-factory privacy cover for trunk
-factory lighted auxiliary gauges mounted in centre stack (voltometer, oil pressure, and oil temp)
-reading lights for all 4 passengers
-brand new Rain-X front wipers ($25 each)

other info:

-aftermarket stainless shift knob
-B4 (newer) front end conversion ($$$. hood and grille are one piece)
-car comes with the following uninstalled spare parts:

• full set of stainless tubular headers ($1000 on their own, if you can even find them)
  • B3 headlights
  • clear corners (front)
  • all exterior trim pieces
  • front fog lights
  • other odds and ends

repairs since purchase:
-front rotors, ceramic pads
-rear rotors, ceramic pads and calipers
-front right wheel bearing
-e-brake cables

more i’m forgetting. altogether about $2500 in work. most of these parts are straight from the Audi dealer. all of this was done at the same time less than 3k ago.

the bad:

-needs a clutch kit and clutch slave. car is running but IS NOT drivable because of this.
-noisy lifters (very common with these motors and isn’t something to worry about or something that needs to be addressed, but i still wanted to mention it)
-tach bounces around a bit
-needs paint (see pictures. i have a connection who can match the front end to red for around $800. red paint on rest of the car is quite nice.)
-needs a cat to pass e-test
-factory radio head-unit is shot
-A/C is there but isn’t hooked up (no belt running to compressor)

these are extremely rare cars in ANY condition, let alone running. there is only one other under $5000 on kijiji ontario right now, and it has rust, and almost twice the mileage. fix the clutch, throw a new cat in, get some winter tires, and show the snow who’s boss in this fun little head-turner.

the clutch may be shot, but the car WILL still be sold SAFETIED!! all it needs for an e-test is the cat (my mechanic who specializes in german cars said $120-$140).

i’m taking a HUGE loss on this. i’m asking $1700, which is less than what i’ve put into it in parts and repairs, plus i’m forfeiting what i originally paid for the car. price is pretty firm but cash talks.

please e-mail Brian with inquiries. car is located in Caledon, Ontario. VERY motivated seller. need this GONE ASAP!!

driftrps13@hotmail.com

NO TIME-WASTERS!!

LOW BALLERS WILL BE IGNORED/RIDICULED!!

only trades considered MUST be AWD/4x4, imported (only “domestic” considered would be a 1g DSM TSi AWD), standard transmission, AND passed safety.

if you don’t have cash in hand, RIGHT NOW (not “in the spring” or “in 2 weeks”), DON’T BOTHER CONTACTING ME!!

and if you’re not seriously interested in the vehicle, please stay the fuck out of my ad.

will put up interior pictures soon.

http://img1.classistatic.com/cps/kj/101030/687r4/9680ffg_20.jpeg
http://img1.classistatic.com/cps/kj/101030/687r8/7218524_20.jpeg

bumpage.