FS: 1991 MAZDA RX-7 N/A

Hey guys,
Yea I know, I don’t own a 240 but I like them! Help me out guys. thanks =)

Ok, Some history about the car, I bought the car about a month ago. At the time, the car did not run due to a dead clutch and battery, massive body damage and many many minor problems. I wanted to get this car up and running as soon as possible for the summer and hit the rx-7 meets. I honest to god spared no money doing it. I wanted to build this car stock, see how it drives and start modding it next year. The guy I bought it from rebuilt it at 160k, it’s currently at 210k, so it has about 50k on rebuild.

The car is white on blue with power windows, sunroof and locks. comes with the rare stock lightweight 5 spoke rims with tires that have over 80% tread left.

BODY
When I bought the car, the body was messed up due to vandalism damage or something but the frame and rockers clean are solid. There is no rust except for the body rust spots due to dents on the rear quarter and some rust on the edge of the tail lights, There was rust on all the fenders and doors, I replaced them all from a clean 89’ GXL 140k km parts car I bought. I have replaced all the exterior body panels which include, doors, fenders, bumpers molding and locks cuz the old ones were seized.

INTERIOR
Interior is very dirty, I was planning to either clean it or swap the interior from the parts car because it is mint but didn’t get around to it. The driver side cloth seat is ripped on the side, I was going to swap the leather from the parts car over. So interior is no biggie, just needs work. Oh yea, the shift knob leather is worn

MECHANICAL
Mechanically, it has brand new everything. lol. It has brand new brakes and exhaust. The engine was the biggest scare for me when I bought the car but I guess I got lucky. It was a gamble when I bought the car because I couldn’t start the car due to the dead battery and i couldn’t move it due to the dead clutch but i trusted the rebuild at 160k. It drives fantastic now. I had major major major engine work done on the car. I got a brand new Mazda clutch kit put in, reconditioned flywheel, new spark plugs, new spark plug wires, new airfilter, new belts, oil change and inspection all done at SPLITFIRE PERFORMANCE. That costed me quite a bit. You can call Paul at Splitfire to ask about my car’s engine condition.

PARTS CAR
Yes, I want to sell the parts car with the actual car itself because it will make life a lot easier for the buyer. The parts car comes with a lot of goodies. It comes with a clutch type LSD (from Sir_Drift_Alot), MINT blue interior replacement with seats and everything, 4 piston caliper big brakes, MINT GXL rims with brand new 225/50-16 tires, wiper hatch, and a lot more.

I am selling it without emissions and safety because I don’t want to put anymore money into this car. To safety it will not cost you a penny but will require a little work because it needs a wiper motor (on parts car), new dual function bulbs for right tail light, fuses for the climate controller or a new climate controller (on parts car), an interior light bulb (could be fuse). It’s all these little things that made me not want to safety it. As for emissions, the new muffler should do the trick but i’m not sure. I’ve tried to detail this to the best of my ability. I will take some pictures tommoorw morning if it’s not raining. Or better yet, come see it for yourself.

$4500 obo

If I feel the buyer is cool, I will pay for the tow of the car and parts car to their home depending where they’re from. That’s a $200+ value.

I will try and get some pics up tommorow.

E-mail / MSN - nogoodstuff123@hotmail.com
Phone - (416) 609-3478 or (647) 388-6813

seller is a nice guy and he put a lot of work and dollars into this car. worth to come see and 91’s aren’t easy to come by

went to look at the car, very nice project car very solid drives like a beauty i think it’ll dust these stock 240’s

here are some pics.

http://www3.sympatico.ca/yellow_rice/RX-7/

Some before and after pictures, parts car pictures and misc pictures.

Sorry but I didn’t wash the car at all since I bought it. So it’s not looking its best.

Priced lowered to $3500

Need it gone soon or throwing it on trader.

Thanks for looking

you might want to consider lowering your price a bit…

thats a LOT of rust… my car has NO rust and i was told 3500 was way too much…

either way… good luck

GT

the parts car looks like it’s in better shape

yeah i’m kinda wondering why you took apart the parts car, cause the body looks to be in way better shape.

$3500 is too much for this car, even if it comes with the parts car.

parts car had no driveline and engine

last drop before i throw on trader.

$3000

so swap it?

GT

^^ lol that’s what i was thinking too.

sorry man. i’m looking for an FC but this is too rich for my blood with that amount of rust.

umm maybe the buyer can. losing point of the thread maybe?

That’s ok. Thanks for looking =)

i think waht brian and i are trying to point out is that you would probly get more money by taking the engine and things out of the rusted one and dropping it into the cleaner chassis…

trying to sell a rusted car for 3000 dollars when there is a nice pretty one with no engine sitting beside it is going to be tough…

better to just swap and sell i think

GT