FS: 1992 Acura Legend for parts or repair

up for sale is my girlfriend’s old car.

1992 Acura Legend. i believe it is the LS trim level but don’t quote me on that.
fully loaded. leather, heated seats, power sunroof, power windows/seats/mirrors etc. this car was top-of-the-line Acura in 1992 (with the exception of NSX of course…)
paint-job is less than 2 years old (was NOT painted because of accident) and there is only one spot of rust on the vehicle, some bubbles on driver’s rear quarter.

car is on it’s second motor and the head-gasket blew. girlfriend bought new car so this one is parked. she put alot of money into this vehicle in the ~2 years she was driving it, and i believe she still has most of the receipts. details will be provided to interested parties.

other small issues:

-speedometer and odometer are not functioning properly. speedometer works most of the time, but while at highway speeds it will sometimes start jumping up and down from 0 anywhere to 240km/h erratically. thusly, the odometer reading is incorrect. it shows 244,XXX and this problem is recent so real mileage is probably closer to 250,XXX.
-driver’s lock cylinder in door does not work and passenger one broke out of door.
-driver’s bolster torn from wear and both back head-rests torn from sun-damage.
-hood not aligned properly (not from accident)
-power windows a bit lethargic

car is otherwise in great shape. besides the few mentioned rips in the seats, there is one piece of leather missing from the shift knob and one crack in the shift surround plastic “woodgrain” piece. other than these few small things, the interior is in excellent condition. girlfriend is a neat-freak so the car was always kept clean and tidy. the body and paint are both in superb condition with the exception of the one rust spot that has not come through the paint yet. car made it to Ottawa and back twice last summer with no complaints or problems.

the vehicle is being sold as is where is and will need to be towed. the chassis is nice enough to save and the car will pass a safety no problem once the engine is repaired/replaced. she recently (November or December '09) had to get a safety and e-test done to transfer the car into her name (her mom owned it before her and they didn’t change it until recently) and the car passed both with flying colors.

however it would also make a great parts car. most of the Legends out there are rusty or beat to hell. there are tons of usable parts on this vehicle.

as a starting point, she asked me to put $800obo but she is entertaining any and all offers.

car is in Mississauga in an underground parking facility at her grandparent’s apartment complex so viewings will need to be scheduled ahead of time.
i will be dealing with all potential buyers for her so please e-mail me at driftrps13@hotmail.com with any offers or questions.

more pics available

bump