FS: 1996 VW Golf GL

I tried this before, got lazy, no pix… so here i am to try this again. For Sale my 1996 Golf GL. It is a very reliable car with lots of money put into it since i bought it. There is definitely nothing major wrong with the car at all. This is a 2.0L 5speed. I am asking for $2500 or b/o. I am not looking for a trade because I can only afford one car while i go to school. This car is perfect as a first car for someone or just anyone who needs a reliable daily. Dont kid arround, no show car here but deff. low milage hottness. I am very open to offers, i just ask if you want to comment the price or make an offer you do it threw pm. I need this car gone so price can be flexable, no reasonable offers turned down. Please no low balls though.

The Good
-new snow tires in the front of the car
-only 76k
-completely new ignition system (new coil, rotor, platinum wires, spark plugs) $500 value
-new aftermarket short ram air intake with MAF sensor
-new radio and cd player including old radio as an option
-new 2009 NYS inspection
-great gas mileage
-5sp. manual
-spare tire
-heat/ac both work
-all electronics on the car work fine
-brand new wiper blades
-all 4 doors and back hatch open and close fine
-all windows open and close fine
-no major modifications (car has not been beaten or raced out)
-anti-theft control
-spacious rear folding back seats

The Not So Good
-suspension (maybe shifter bushing) sounds a little clunky sometimes when backing up
-needs a paint job (if you car about that)
-has some rust and knicks and scratches but nothing major

put this pig on craigslist. People will be all over it.

:tup: to 76k miles

These cars get great mpg’s and last forever. Mine has 198k and still getting 30mpg :tup:

thanks guys… and thanks for reminding me about craigslist going on there now

hmmmm…winter car?

i’ll pm you, i need to ponder this. it has 2k less than my 02 gti.

ive drove / shottied this car many a time. its great. ^ great winter car (could use rear snows if thats what your using it for though)

holy damn! 2500? makes me wonder what i could get for my gti then.

http://www.kbb.com/KBB/UsedCars/PricingReport.aspx?YearId=1996&Mileage=76000&VehicleClass=UsedCar&ManufacturerId=50&ModelId=306&PriceType=Private+Party&VehicleId=9816&SelectionHistory=9816|25436|14221|0|0|556428|true|359030|true|556428|false|359020|true|359070|true|359070|false&Condition=&QuizConditions=2%3B1%3B0%3B0%3B1%3B0%3B0%3B0%3B0%3B1%3B0%3B0%3B1%3B0%3B0%3B1

Im actually selling the car for him and im sure you would be suprised what you could get for your car.
in “fair” condition at 76,000 miles this car is worth 2,900 so 2,500 obo seems like a fair starting price to me.