FS: 1997 Honda Civic DX 5speed Red Coupe

I just moved into an apartment where I walk to work and am no longer in need of a car. This baby has been in my family for a while and has been taken care of religiously. It is the DX model, which means it has roll down windows and no power steering. The windows can be obnoxious but the power steering is really nice once you get used to it. Other than that, the car has an aftermarket Sony CD player, a car alarm with remote, and upgraded HID Xenon Headlights that dramatically improve your night vision. The car also has a sunroof/ moonroof. The paint is shiny and there is no rust on the body of the car. There is a small patch forming in the front of the hood but it is barely noticeable. Recently the timing belt, clutch, front axle, breaks (front and rear), and tires have been replaced so the car is in perfect mechanical order. There is roughly 171,000 miles on the car. This car has been solely used for distance traveling and the majority of the miles are highway. I just got back from New York last night and the car purred - not a problem at all. It still gets 40 miles per gallon. If you are coming from the west coast I could be 100% confidant in you making it back without any problems. This car is good to go, and will last for many more years. It is not modified and is pretty much bone stock, with the exception of the above mentioned mods.

i have a video of the car on youtube here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4caDNQWN2ic

Dan (585) 737-2183

$3900 / possible trade

I am located in the Allentown neighborhood of Buffalo, New York.

This car?

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/cto/884402394.html

$3850??? You forgot the price. I will give you $1800 for it.

Offer him half of his asking price :banghead:

Yes, yes I will . He has had this car on craigslist for awhile now and that is exactly what I will do. I have bought and sold more cars than you have seen. Plus he is a noob and only joined here to to sell his car. Also the car is modded with headlights, intake, header, RUST,173,XXX miles so What I offer is fair.

On Nyspeed, for ridiculously over priced cars like this, I generally go half plus $50.

take the ek hatch with the same miles that is still for sale on here, started at $4k, now it’s $2k.

$1800 is fair for this car, IT’S A DX, an EX with NO RUST wouldn’t get $4k.

maxwell didn’t $4k for his MINT RUST FREE HX.

Not to mention people like JDMSIR and myself have bought cars for half the asking price because we actually showed up to look at the car with cash.

We just sold a MINT 1998 black 5 spd stock ex with 40K for $5000 from a dealership… This is worth $1200-$1900 tops

hey dan
you gave nyspeed a try nice.