FS: 1999 Cheep Grand Cherokee $1000

My Girlfriend is selling her Jeep. It’s a 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Maroon in color with the 4.0L in it with about 150K miles and a clean title. Its located in Guilderland.
The jeep is far from perfect here’s the bad:
-Radiator has a slight leak

-AC doesnt work (blows air but doesnt get cold probably needs a charge)

-Driver side window doesnt work. The motor and everything is good its the assembly itself that is broken somewhere I haven’t looked too far into it.

-The rear hatch opens but makes a nice “popping noise” as you open it.

-Has the occational mysterious front end wobble. I’ve never seen it happen but my girlfriend says if you hit a bump right occasionally you’ll get a front end wobble. My mechanic looked it over and checked the entire front end and replaced the steering dampener but couldn’t find anything that would cause it. The dampener seemed to calm it down a little according to her. So it definitely would need some work to get back to 100%

-Has Rust forming mainly behind the rear doors.

-Clear is peeling in various spots. Mainly along the roofline.

The good:
-Starts up every time
-Brake pads and rotors just done last summer.
-Recent new battery
-All the power options work (sans the broken assembly in the drivers side window)
-New brake booster

• 4WD works

$1000 obo [SIZE=2]its getting scrapped if not sold. [/SIZE]

Here’s some dark pics from tonight I can try to get new ones later but I know it needs at least some kind of picture:

Rust on the drivers side, Passenger side is just starting, drivers side is the worst rust.

FYI you’re not going to get half that scrapping it. Just sayin. GLWS!

I know but it’s gotta go lol.

I’ll buy it for scrap price if you get to that point. Could use it for a parts jeep.

idk frank…just recently i had a guy offer me 425 for my grand prix picked up from my house, it weighs 3500? and only has 1 cat.

You can deffinatelly get atleast half of it by scrapping it… Rite around $500-600 plus the cats $100 and the wheels could sell for $100-200 on craigslist or they scrap for $15 each when u take the tires off. Im assured you can sell it though just give it a little time

Front end wobble is the front trailing arm bushings. Can almost guarantee it. Jeeps are notorious for that.
Just some info for anyone who might be considering buying this. Glws. Good price For something to just bomb around in

And AC dosent just lose a charge. It leaked somewhere. If recharged it may last a season or last 2 minutes. Depends on the leak.

Hmm didn’t know that. Thanks. Anywho the AC doesn’t blow cold air haha.

But anyone with mechanical know how could prolly have this up and running for a few hundred dollars. Hell it runs well now its just the radiator tank is leaking slightly and the wobble. It goes from a full coolant level to the buzzer going off telling you its low over the course of 2 months as it sits right now.

So do these things blow up or what?

The 4.0 is a notoriously reliable motor. The surrounding parts well it’s a Chrysler lol.

Hmmmm.

Engine is very reliable. I have seen one go over 50k without an oil change and it was over 2 quarts low. Low oil pressure light stuck on. (Maybe the sending unit or actual low pressure.) but it never knocked.

Could be a nice truck for someone with more time then money. Coolant leak is also fairly common. I think the freeze plugs rot out or something. A pressure tester borrowed from a local parts store could help find the issue.

I personally have bought worse vehicles for more money. My father always said if it runs good its worth $1000 and if it runs good and passes inspection its worth at least $1500. This was also coming from a sellers perspective tho.

I hate jeeps but my girlfriend needs a car. Lemmethinkondis

I wish I could buy this. fix her up. bed liner all the things!

I’ve got one other offer right now so I’ll keep the thread posted.

Great truck for a good price. My father has a 2000 with 211,000 on it and it runs very strong. Never been rebuilt and still has the original tranny. Has the same coolant leak and rear hatch “popping”. May be interested in it if you don’t sell. I Could use a a beater or a parts vehicle for him. How is the tranny?

How’s the auto trans is a better question? I’d be interested in the drive train if the price was right.

Feels like it shifts fine. It won’t have plates on it after tonight but it’s inspected. It will be sitting at my parents house because luckily they are cool with it sitting there. But it’s a residential neighborhood so if your willing you can drive it around the neighborhood without plates haha.

I’ll talk to him when I get home from work. See if he wants to look at it. His tranny is starting to slip every so often