FS: 3 JL 10W6 subs

Kind of new here but Kim Kaim can vouch for me since I meet with him every last saturday of the month for ClubGP pittsburgh chapter meets. I figured Id post this for sale on here as well as on clubgGP. Since everyone here is pretty much local I wouldnt have to ship these which can be expensive.

I have 3 JL 10W6 subs for sale. Good shape and play absolutely perfect. Asking $300 for all 3 subs. I can email pics if anybody wants to see them. I has them in my Monet and they sound great and still have the box that someone can have if they want it.
Email me at jddobkin@comcast.net

Im a noob here but I have good friends that Ive met through ClubGP that can vouch for me if your worried about buying from a noob. Im local anyways so if you got pissed you know where to find me:tounge:

Thanks
Josh

josh, thats a good price. someone will buy those for sure. also will you seperate them?

Hey whats up John. Havent seen you in a while. Maybee youll be at the next meet for the GP club. Got a cam in my GTP now cant wait to hit the track.

I will break them up if all 3 get claimed first. Most people want all 3 cause they run a 4 ohm load for the 3 setup.

Originally posted by Gnocide
josh, thats a good price. someone will buy those for sure.

thats exactly what i was thinking. thats a killer cheap price.

no0b forum:rolleyes:

three of them bridged is what like 1.3 1.4 ohms right>

Youd have to check the JL site I only ran them at the 4 ohm setup.

Originally posted by Pewterss
no0b forum:rolleyes:

Thanks for calling me a noob. Already said I was to this forum. Thanks for the Welcome

Originally posted by ociperformance
Thanks for calling me a noob. Already said I was to this forum. Thanks for the Welcome

not really introducing yourself and contributing a little bit before you use our classifieds to sell your shit is generally looked down upon on this site… :squint:

Originally posted by Darkstar
not really introducing yourself and contributing a little bit before you use our classifieds to sell your shit is generally looked down upon on this site… :squint:
correct!!!:tounge:

That was the intention of my post calling myslef a noob. I have been a lurker just dont post really untill now. Kim and John told me about you guys so I figured I join since spring is right around the corner and I wouldnt mind meeting up at one of the meets. Didnt mean to piss anybody off.

That was the intention of my post calling myslef a noob. I have been a lurker just dont post really untill now. Kim and John told me about you guys so I figured I join since spring is right around the corner and I wouldnt mind meeting up at one of the meets. Didnt mean to piss anybody off.
:love: :kiss:

Date Registered: 02-16-2004

Kim and John told me about you guys so I figured I join since spring is right around the corner and I wouldnt mind meeting up at one of the meets

Yes I just joined. I know you guys dont like noobs first post as selling something. But I need to sell them local and alot of people are on here and are local so I could meet them with the subs.
Ill be at the PACGP dyno day Sat the 28th. My GF bitches enough about the time I spend on ClubGP one more shouldnt piss her off too much more:D

Kim and John told me about you guys so I figured I join since spring is right around the corner and I wouldnt mind meeting up at one of the meets

Yes I just joined. I know you guys dont like noobs first post as selling something. But I need to sell them local and alot of people are on here and are local so I could meet them with the subs.
Ill be at the PACGP dyno day Sat the 28th. My GF bitches enough about the time I spend on ClubGP one more shouldnt piss her off too much more:D

you’re cool… dont worry about it. We get lots of trolls that try to pull this shit, so we kinda take a zero tolerance policy…

I would either buy all 3, or none at all.

The JL 10w6’s are configured as dual 6ohm subs. When each subs’ voice coils are wired in series individually, then all 3 subs wired together in parallel, it creates a 4 ohm load. There’s other configurations you can do with the voice coils, but that way allows you to create 4ohms of resistance to your amp. :cool:

Originally posted by Craig King
I would either buy all 3, or none at all.

The JL 10w6’s are configured as dual 6ohm subs. When each subs’ voice coils are wired in series individually, then all 3 subs wired together in parallel, it creates a 4 ohm load. There’s other configurations you can do with the voice coils, but that way allows you to create 4ohms of resistance to your amp. :cool:

4 ohm loads are for pussy amps. taco had his phoenix gold M50 running either a 2 or 1 ohm load off of two PG XS 15’s…

and ive seen amps running .5 ohm loads :cool:

1/2 an ohm of resistance is nothing special, just means that the amp is stable to a lower impedence. Many class D mono-block amps are stable to low impedences, but sacrifice sound quality. Thats why your buddy was running his amp at 1ohm to his subs.

Phoenix Gold XS are sissy subs anyhow, the Xmax’s are where it’s at. :cool:

Originally posted by Craig King
1/2 an ohm of resistance is nothing special, just means that the amp is stable to a lower impedence. Many class D mono-block amps are stable to low impedences, but sacrifice sound quality. Thats why your buddy was running his amp at 1ohm to his subs.

Phoenix Gold XS are sissy subs anyhow, the Xmax’s are where it’s at. :cool:

this was back in the day son, im not 100% sure Xmas’s were even offered in a 15 back then…

either way, they slammed. I bought them and put them in my bronco with a Punch amp… fuckin amp got stolen within 2 weeks…