FS: 4 16" Thunderbird SC Rims

Rims are from a 1992 Supercoupe. I bought them from the kid who originally had them, and I only used them last summer. The rims are not perfect (they are 16 years old) and have a few small scrapes and dings here and there, but they all have ZERO leaks and clean up very nicely. Tires are 225/60/R16 Cooper Lifeliner Classic II’s. The 2 tires that were on the front have at least the entire spring/summer/fall season left in them, but the ones that were on the rear don’t have much left at all. Check out the pix. Asking $200.

Eck.The rims are wrecked.I’ll give ya $50 and you can keep the tires.

wrecked rims would be ones that can’t stay in one piece…IMHO. these don’t leak and they are in decent shape. find a better set that are as old as some of the posters on this site.

This site?Nah.I am only 1 of a few Tbird owners.

And when JustinH(User on this board)had his Bird he sold me a set of Mint 92 SC rims which I still have for $180.And they were and still are in 100% better shape than yours.No offense.

$50 and you keep the tires.

thats an insult.

the price is more than fair for rare wheels (even comes with 2 rollers and 2 good tires)

norb is a good guy/seller and doesn’t deserve you sodomizing his sale.

First of all that is a high price for wheels with major curb rash on the lip.You can even see it without close up shots.One pic seems to have the lip folded up alitte bit.

And the rims are not rare at all.I can find them all day long in great condition for the price he is asking.

You want a somewhat rare rim?Look for a 93-95 SC wheel or a 96-97 Sport wheel.Ya there is alot out there but they are hard to find for sale for a cheap price.

Fact is I know more about Thunderbirds than ethier one of you.

So please,Don’t insult me by trying to nail someone to the wall with these and your asking price of $200.They are worth what they worth.And I say,$50 local pickup keep the tires.

If someone was truly desperate and they were in a good mood because they got laid than MAYBE $100.But thats a hugh MAYBE!.

The only thing I need them for is Drag wheels.And I still have a set of SC’s here I can use or even some chrome fan blades.Hmmm… maybe I should ask a ridiculios price for my chrome fan blades because those are truly rare for Thunderbirds.HMMMM…Nah.

He is trying to sell SC rims on a site were 99% of the users don’t drive Thunderbirds/Cougars/MarkVIII’s.

They won’t fit a mustang.So thats out.4.25 Pattern.Good luck.

Try TCCoA.com,But they will tell you the same thing I am.

actually dude, i posted them on tccoa about five minutes before i put them on here. i put them on here to gain exposure, as there might be a chance that someone on here would tell another person who’s not on the site that these are out there. and as far as posting on tccoa, i actually had a deal going, but got cancelled due to the guy’s wife not thinking they were necessary at that time. 2 other guys want them, w/o the tires.

i’m not “nailing someone to the wall” with my price. if you don’t want them, don’t even bother looking. why do you even need these for drag rims? use the ones you already have or use your fan blades.

i am fully aware they will not fit on a mustang, which has a 4.5" pattern.

and when i said “find a better set that are as old as some of the posters on this site”, i meant: find a cleaner looking set of rims (that are as old as some of the posters on this site). i meant that these are older than some of the people who post here on this site. the rims are obviously not perfect, and they are what they are. i only used them for one summer, and i did no damage to them. the way i bought them is the way they are now. i took the opportunity to take pictures of the damage so that a potential buyer would not feel scammed.

i’m glad you got some mint rims from JustinH man, and good for you. and i bet that you know 1000 bajillion times more about MN12s than i ever will. the fact that you said that makes me so goddamn mad, because nobody is out there to beat each other in terms of knowledge. “maybe I should ask a ridiculios price for my chrome fan blades because those are truly rare for Thunderbirds.HMMMM…Nah.” thank you very much for your mature mockery, while someone tries to sell something here.

even though, nowhere did i state that these were rare rims. jim does have a point though, because in my whole life i’ve seen maybe 4 or 5 SCs around buffalo. perhaps i don’t have exposure to the MN12 community here in WNY, but i’m just going on what i see.

i will not take $50 dollars, without the tires, because it’s not even REMOTELY close to what i paid for them. my price stands, and if you don’t think it’s a good price, keep it to yourself. after a quick search on ebay, i only found a complete set of the same thing for the exact same price. and you have to pay shipping. and you don’t get tires.

thanks for wasting my time by telling me i’m crazy, and also for the free bump.

Another free bump then.

Your asking too much.And there are only a few maybe that drive thunderbirds on here including myself.And if someone knows someone else with a Thunderbird its kinda slim that they will put money into it that is not repair money.The only reason I did is because my car is a Socal car.If it was a Buffalo car than I wouldn’t waste my time.

Your rims are curb rashed.$200 is too much.Case closed.Looks like you’ll sit on them,And sorry if I made ya mad.Do more resrearch next time to see what these sell for.

Free Bump.

$50? thats rusty steelie territory. for a good looking set of rims with decent tires, $200 is more than reasonable. the somewhat rarity is just an added bonus

I didnt start this thread but im sure norb will agree :gtfo:

are you guys really arguing

then go do it, your clearly not seriously looking to get these wheels so stfu

bump

holy drama over trying to sell stock rims. if u dont wanna pay dont buy them. u said u can find them all day so go buy em from somewhere else

Oh well I don’t need the rims.I just figured I’d throw an offer for what they are worth and if he took them I would buy them.

And they are not decent in anyway.They are curbed to fuck.

Your a faggot.

Bump.

amen. sorry dude, apparently you’re looking for ones that are a lot better. try somewhere else.

FYI Mr. Bitter…those wheels are worth more as recycled scrap ($60) than your lowball offer.

Bump for seller…GLWS

lol lol quote of the day. thanks everybody for sticking with me, i really appreciate it. unfortunately these are on ebay now, everyone had their chance.

Then maybe he should scrap them.It is what it is.And I am not bitter,I already have a mint set I bought for $180 with tires.I just thought with as scared as these are he would sell for cheaper.

Stick to your mustang dude.

Stick to my Mustang??? That really doesn’t make any sense…but whatever, FREE BUMP!

What I meant was,you have no idea what these rims are worth except to a scrap yard.

Didn’t mean to disrespect you.Are we still gonna run em this year?You said you were game last year.

this begs the question, if you already have a mint set, why are you looking at this wrecked set?

no more off topic posts, no more bs, i just wanted these up here to see if anyone was interested. obviously the only person who has shown interest doesn’t agree with my price, so there’s no point to them being on here anymore. if a mod can lock this thread up it’d be great