FS: 96 saturn SL2

96 saturn SL2 for sale.

Weight: At a scrap yard the car weighed in at 2300lbs so it is pretty light.

Transmission: automatic: condition 100%
comments: shifts are fast and crisp. fluid & filter changed every 15K since 47K miles

Engine: 1.9L DOHC: condition 90%
comments: Burns 1 qt every 2500 miles. engine is from a 2001 SL2 with 67K sounds really powerful! with summer tires driving the car had I would get 28-30mpg city/highway 25mpg highway @85

Brakes: front disk 60-70%, rear drum 80%=
comments: front pads are ceramic and didn’t fade at nyspeed trackday #3

Tires: perelli winter carving snowtires 90% front 70% rear. If you manage to get stuck with these you should probably go kill yourself.

Suspension: front worn but useable, rear strut mounts were repaired recently LR strut replaced within 5K RR strut worn. Rear sway bar added
comments: Its a saturn it is not a handling machine but it is a blast on the track and on the street.

Exhaust: Exhaust was modified to fit the 2001 exhaust manifold which has a built in cat (the 1996 manifold did not). exhaust pipes are pretty rusty and will have to be replaced eventually.
comments: The muffler fell off last winter but the car is not that loud so i never bothered to fix it.

Interior: front seats are not bad but the back seat is pretty beat up from me transporting parts in it. If required I will replace it for sale. FOLD FLAT REAR SEATS!!!
comments: The head unit is aftermarket as are the speakers. the audio is pretty good and a pleasure to listed to. Easily drown out missing muffler. Equiped with power sunroof, power steering and KICK ASS A/C (that means it works) there is a 450watt powerinverter hardwired in to the car. there is 1 110 outlet at the rear of the center console and a switch to activate it under the heater controls. there is a amp out volume control next to that switch with RCA’s already run to the trunk.

Exterior: NO RUST, glittering silver
comments: hood slightly crumpled from accdent many years ago, LF fender cracked. paint is ok. This car is also equiped with a rear spoiler and a sport badge on the LF fender.

Funfactor: This car is no rocket (will add rocketship windshield banner if it will make the sale) but it does handle good with a very balanced feal (oversteer with brakes, neutral feal off power and understeer on power) combined with powerful brakes and sporty styling you may ask yourself “Why didn’t i buy this sooner?”

asking $1100 OBO

pics?

Good car, I have been in it many times and it should run forever. GLWS

i don’t have a still camera so i’m putting togeathera video now

why selling going to be like justin just own a summer car and 3 non runnings

here is the video

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/6a681bc2-3cc6-48ea-9cb2-9a0f01001398.htm

another note. insurance is really cheap on this thing.

and no joe I just agreeded to buy minglor’s subaru.

good purchase subaru def nice now who am i going to have retard races with :frowning:

the omni duh…i’ll un-hook the wastegate arm.

:mamoru::mamoru:

anyway great price GLWS

For the muffler falling off that sure looks like a clean cut…

What about the SES and the flashing coolant lights?
Not that I’m overly interested…

but I do know the seller honest guy… and im sure the car would make a great DD

oh and is the car equipped with cruise?

nice car Alex, but don’t quit your day job simply because you would not make a good hand model

last time i sucessfully ran codes it was for a EGR pintle valve stuck. I installed a EGR from a junkyard that I cleaned up really good but the light is still on. the coolant light is on because it is a bit low. It isn’t low when the car is up to temp. I never bothered to fill it since I replaced the flex plate in the summer.

For the muffler falling off that sure looks like a clean cut....

I can assure you that the muffler did fall off. as proof you can come and look at the rubber hanger. It still has part of the muffler in it, at least I don’t think I ever took it out.

ttt

still have the saturn by chance?

Still has it.

yeah, he just PM’d me. He decided to keep it.

NEW LOW PRICE 500 bucks I need it gone.