FS: dell M1710 laptop - serious $hit

http://www.notebookreview.com/defaul…Dell+XPS+M1710

actual pics:

http://kijiji.ebayimg.com/i7/03/k/00…?set_id=1C4000

http://kijiji.ebayimg.com/i2/07/k/00…?set_id=1C4000

I dont know anything about computers, i got this in a trade for car parts and as much as i want to use it i think it it too much for me after doing the research…

this one has a 160gb hd and all kinds of other shit that doesnt make sense to me. Specs are in the link at the top anyhow.

i had Vista removed and XP installed on account of my planning to copy my harddrive over from my other laptop onto this one. if i get around to doing that this will no longer be for sale.

$1400.

i have it listed elsewhere for more. and already have kids begging to trade me nike’s, LV watches and nokia phones for it…lol

will consider trades for:
17" tires (235 or wider and only good tires none of this wanli or linglong shit)
S14 Coilovers (not jdm ones off a clip)
Kouki S14 lip

What kind of video card, memory, processor.

I’m assuming the link is the generic m1710 which it can be customized from there. Thanks.

i gotta be honest with you… i dont know.

my tenant took a look at it and immediately wanted to buy it from me on account of some of the shit it has, but i really couldnt tell you.

i’ll ask him to take another look at it and give me some more specs.

the guy i bought it off is a close friend and said that he had about $2500 into it after all the upgrades.

edit:

2 gigs of ram
512 meg GeForce 7900 GS PCI-E
160 gig HD
DVD±RW
17" DVD + RW

that’s what the tenant remembers anyways, he is the one that swapped the OS

Just trying to see what its worth to be honest. I’m interested.

but its video card and RAM pending. XPS models can be 2500 pretty easily

apparently this thing has some kind of super-warranty on it…

it was bought through a business a couple years ago and he told me he spent like $2k on some kind of warranty where Dell will send some guy to you and fix anything and then give you a hadnjob or something as well…iono, sounds like BS to me, but again, i dont know anything about it…

i just called the buy i got it from. he said it was over $6k through the business in 2006 for this thing… take that for what it’s worth.

perhaps you’d want to share the details with me then?

because the more i find out about it the more i want to keep it, but still… i’d never make full use of this thing.

I sell these in England… Here is a link that you can se two models and learn more about them.

http://ndc.co.uk/browse_sub-XPS_M1710-66.html

Click either of the two models for specs and benchmarking of what you have. If you convert the price from GBP to usd, the two models are priced as follows:

hmmm…

i put the laptop up on Kijiji… got some bitch from nigeria inquiring…

Hello there,
is the item still available for sale? what is the condition,i will be making payment via paypal cos it is fast and save so get back to me with the final cost plus international shipping on rosemary8052@gmail.com and also send me your paypal id so that i can make the payment for you…you can also send me a payment request from paypal to the same email above. i await your response

i send:

Where is the item to be shipped to?

condition is near new.

Hello there,
Thanks for the swift response, i would have love to pick the item up by my self but i am presently out of town and will not be around for 3 months, so i will be sending it to my Husband via this address :20, muyiwa Toni avenue,Road block
City: Akure
State:
Ondo
Zip code: 23434 so get back to me as soon as possible with the final cost plus shipping and also send me your paypal id so that i can make the payment for you fast… you can also send me a payment request to rosemary8052@gmail.com , payment will be made as soon as i get the info.

so obviously it’s a scam but…

i send:

Hi Rose,

i have had a few offers on the laptop today. I had an old friend on the other side of the country offer me $1600 shipped and when i told one of the other people who were interested they offered me $1700 shipped.

Apparently i significantly under-priced the laptop.

Shipping to Nigeria with FEDEX express by air, properly insured is upwards of $1000 for some reason. I dont know of any other way of shipping that is any cheaper to be honest with you. I dont suppose you are willing to pay that kind of money, but then again, i cant imagine that getting a laptop like this in Nigeria is easy.

feel free to get back to me either way, sorry that the price is going up, but i really didnt know what i had i guess.

so i guess i’ll just take the money and not ship it until the payment clears… or spend the money and then see what paypal does…

oooh quick reply…

Hello there,
Thanks for the response, i really understand , but shipping via Canada Post Air mail is not more than $130 as i did sent a laptop to Nigeria for the price before i traveled , just that the one i sent has got spoil and he is in need of another one, i am okay with the price of the laptop, so all you need to do now is to get back to me with the final cost plus shipping via Canada Post Air Mail and also send me your paypal id so that i can make the payment for you fast
Thanks and i await your response as soon as possible.

i just replied:

I’ll look into that method.

i have shipped that way before but there was no tracking information and i don’t think i can insure for more than $1000. It also takes 8-10 weeks, and that was only to Europe, i imagine that shipping to Nigeria would take even longer.

are you sure you are comfortable going that route?

i will have to discuss with the other interested parties, i am not comfortbale shipping to Nigeria liek that. I would hate for you to not receive the laptop.

Also, my friend in Vancouver was going to pay with a money order and mail it to me, i prefer that way of payment because i very seldomly use paypal. I am not sure that i even remember my password.

this bitch moves fast… we barely know each other…lol

Hello there,
i have sent a laptop that way and it was delivered so don’t worry your self…all you need to do is just to send me the final cost plus shipping and also send me your paypal id so that the payment can be mad fast for you,…can i offer $1,950 for the actual cost plus shipping?

so it’s a scam even though she wants to pay you via paypal before you ship?

I understand the nigeria scams of the past, but this isn’t following those routes. they always offered cashiers checks for more than you were selling for and wanted you to send them the difference…

what’s going on here?

can’t they paypal scam it… where its like OMG i didn’t receive anything and paypal refunds the money… or is that an ebay only thing?

it was anti-climatic…

they send fake paypal payment notifications with bad grammer, spelling mistakes and shit.

it was fun for a couple hours though.

they already did this? or thats your expectation? dicks

Ive had somebody attempt that before. It was funny to talk to them. They were on aim going back and forth with me. Then I was like, where are you from? The person goes, “Nigeria”. I then said, “ooo sorry, its a scam. cant do it.” Then they instantly logged off and I havent heard from them since lol.

go to support.dell.com

click on technical support

enter in the service tag from the bottom of the computer when asked

Once it retrieves the information, click System Configuration Information and it will give you a list of how it left the factory.

You can also find out about how much longer the warranty is good for using that number as well.

thanks for the info.

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/product_support/product_support_central?~ck=ln&c=us&l=en&lnki=0&s=gen&ServiceTag=FLHM5B1

the laptop has Complete Care, Limited Technical Support and Next Business Day Support for another year.

what is that worth?

btw… i’ve had offered for $950 and $1000… i will accept that in cash with the addition of something of interest in trade to at least partially fill the price-gap.

i had a guy coming today to give me $1300 but he found a hook up on a 1730 like 1 hours before we were going to meet… frig