FS/FT: (Home Theater Computer/Workstation) Dell Dimension E521 Tower

Ok, ideally what I want to do here is trade straight up for a mac mini with decent specs (like 2ghz core 2 duo, 2gb ram+). So if someone wants to do that we’re golden. Otherwise I guess I’d sell it for $450. Will include keyboard and mouse, no monitor.

Specs:
Dell Dimension E521 tower
Windows Vista Home Premium (LEGIT LICENSE)
AMD Athlon 3800 X2 64 BIT (Manchester, 2ghz dual core comparable to intel core 2 duo for you non computer people…)
2GB DDR RAM
ATI Radeon x1300 dual DVI/dual VGA/s-video out (pretty much everything except HDMI, they weren’t too common when I put this together)
Two (2) 250gb SATA Hard drives (500gb TOTAL), I believe the motherboard supports RAID so they can be configured for RAID however I did not set it up for that just wanted more storage.
7.1 on board surround sound, if hooked up to a receiver it sounds great.

thats what I can remember for now, the computer is a pretty good powerhouse for any purpose but i specced it for home theater use specifically and I have not used it for anything but that. So either rock it for home theater use, or i’m sure it would make a great video/photo editing workstation. The processor, ram, video card can pretty easily be overclocked to make everything much faster but it was more than I needed so nothing has ever been overclocked what-so-ever.

I could probably upgrade the ram to 4GB for a slightly additional cost if someone wants, but 2gb is plenty for its intended purpose.

Again I really just want to swap it for a mac mini as surprisingly they work all right for home theater (sans the shitty sound) and are nice and compact. Otherwise lemme know if you want to buy it.

EDIT: if someone has a newish imac, I will trade for that and include my 22" widescreen monitor which is HDCP compliant.

bump buy or trade me :tup:

wish i had some money my laptop just craped out on me >.<

i wish you had money also - hopefully someone else does :stuck_out_tongue:

I will add in a 17" digital LCD for +$50 if you buy it with the computer, also, will consider trades for a good camcorder +/- cash if needed.

sold