FS, Kawi 636 drivetrain setup

This will be a long shot sale here but listing it regardless.

This is a complete, running, 2005 636(zx-6r) engine. I originally purchased this from our very own Vlad a long time ago for CAD/mockup purposes in the kit cars and did have some intentions on using it in one of a multitude of projects here, but time is just not something I have much of these days and it’s just going to waste.

What’s included:

-The engine. 130hp, 14,000rpm, six speed gearbox. Motor has less than 1K miles on it. The stator cover is scuffed but still useable. Otherwise in VGC. The motor runs perfectly fine. I have fired it up in the stand that it currently sits in now.
-Stock ram airbox with DFI throttle bodies. There are twin injectors per cylinder(high speed secondaries are in the top of the airbox).
-Exhaust header and mid pipe.
-Complete electrical harness. Includes every switch, relay, and plug the bike came with from bars to tail. The muffler bypass valve is not here anymore(don’t have the OEM muffler) but the actuation servo is. All computers and the rectifier are included as well.
-Stock fan, coolant reservoir, coolant hoses, etc.
-Stock digital display dash.
-Ignition switch with two brand new factory cut keys.
-Stock fuel pump WITH steel flange to weld into a fuel cell or tank.
-Extra drive sprocket.

I am also including the original front calipers, two rear rotors, and a couple bags of misc OEM hardware that were on this bike. Basically the only things NOT included to make this run are a radiator and a muffler.

I would like $1300 for everything. This is a steal at that price considering higher mileage 03/04 engines go for more and don’t include the parts that I am. I will deliver this to any buyer in the 518.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o285/Boxxersix/DSC02131.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o285/Boxxersix/DSC02133.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o285/Boxxersix/DSC02130.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o285/Boxxersix/DSC02134.jpg

so tempting to put this on a large “go-kart” frame and see how long i live behind the wheel… hell, this would be fun in a rail buggy too… glws, that’s definitely a good price IMO

i’ve been looking for a inline 4 bike motor for my golf cart for a long time, but this is a little to pricey.

GLWS anyways

WHAT? Unless you are looking for a 1983 inline four that will need $$$ to make it run you aren’t going to ever build a golf cart with that type of motor in this lifetime. That’s a great deal IMO.

GLWS Adam…wish I had a reason to buy it LOL.

i’d prefer an efi motor, but a carb one would be about x1000 easier… yeah im crazy, but whatever.

I too had planned to put this in a cart/buggy after i was done with all the Kc mockup but just have too much on my plate right now. I’m not looking to offload it but if sold I could put the money towards CNC tooling. Or if I could find a fucking mini or old renault shell I’d definitely keep it but that’s been next to impossible lately.

keep it. put it in a mini. shift needs something awesome like that.

Find me a clean mini shell for under $2K and I will. Actually all I need is the front half of the car.(from the B pillar area forward) The rest of the frame, suspension, and body I’m going to make from scratch

who in their right mind is going to sell you half a mini?

exactly…

I picked this bike up for a buddy at matt honda in coxsakie when it was braannndd new, it was not ridden hard.

Adam, have you try selling this in some Kawi or racing forum? These stuff should not take long to sell; unless you don’t wanna deal with shipping or parting it out in pieces.

Just a suggestion.

I was actually kicked off a forum when I tried selling a motor there a couple years ago. I think it was a ZX forum and I had a little 250 twin I picked up cheap and was looking to unload. Mods thought I was a scammer despite all my clarity and backing in the thread and gave me the boot :rofl

Most bike guys are just looking to buy the motor, which is understandable. I’d rather not have to deal with the hassle of parting it out. Like stated I’m not eagerly looking to sell it, BUT if someone would want to buy it as a whole for a project I could better use the money in CNC parts and tooling :slight_smile: Eventually I will find a shell to put it in and when that day comes then it’ll have a new useful home in no time.

Thanks for the heads up though. I may go list it on a off road buggy forum or two and see what response I can get.

Make it into a shifter kart motor !!! Prolly smoke that junk porshe of cosseys lol

I’d prefer to put it into something useful other than a complete tire smoker on a vehicle I cannot register :lol There’s a guy about two minutes from my shop that has a rust bucket of a Renault Lecar but he will not part ways with it.

thats nice but im sure vlad rode it pretty hard LOL tuff to argue

Find me the rest of the bike and we’ll talk. :lol

If it were a little smaller I’d say find a formula SAE team (since they usually run 600cc bike motors), but I think the rules state it can’t be bigger than 610cc’s or somewhere around there.

i wish i didnt have 6 fucking detroits right now.

/\ and nothing to put them in :rofl