FS: [LIGHTLY USED] Nikon D40 w. Lens $450 OBO

Ship: No. Will drive as far as Mississauga to deliver.
Condition: Used.
Asking price: $450 obo.

I bought this Nikon D40 a couple months ago and it has been lightly used since then.

It was the kit so it comes with the AF-S 18-55mm (non-VR) lens.

I’m asking $450 obo, but please no lowballs. I need the cash. I no longer have the original receipt but I do have all the original packaging. These still retail for $500+tax.

There is nothing wrong with the camera, it works perfectly. I’ll toss in a Sandisk Ultra II 2GB card as well. I would toss up some pictures of the camera but I don’t have another camera to take pictures with. :/:

Use a mirror and the timer.:wink:

mirror pics ftw

I have the same camera, wonderful entry level DSLR for learn on. Save by buying this body and get decent lenses.

Well I’d do that but you wouldn’t really see any of the camera details anyways. lol.

If anyone who’s seriously interested in the camera would like a photo like that I’ll definitely do it, though.

The 18-55mm lens is actually surprisingly good. Especially at 18mm, it probably takes some of the sharpest pictures of any of the lenses I’ve used and there’s really no real vignetting or anything either.

yups, only handy cap is having to use AF-S lenses. Remarkable improvement with the glass on the VR lenses though. I love my lil D40. For interested persons, this is what the camera and 18-55 lens is capable of with no editing and not shooting in RAW even.

is this d40 or d40x sorry

It’s a D40.

The D40x is the same camera with more megapixels… which I don’t really think the sensor is powerful enough to handle so it’d actually degrade your image quality.