FS: Megan Racing B15 Sentra Strut Bar

Hey guys,
I have 2 brand new Megan Racing 02+ Sentra Front Strut bars that I need to get rid of. One is a black finish and the other is a polished finish. Only $60/ea (Canadian Funds). Thanks.

IF its 02+, it should fit the '01 as well (also B15 chassis), wouldn’t it? Do you have pics of these bars?

'00 is B15 as well. There is a possible problem with fit on some models since the QG18 intake manifold can cause clearance issues if it’s for a SR20/QR25 B15 .

Bah, even a better reason to go CAI on these cars. :smiley:

I don’t believe Nissan sold a 2000 model Sentra in Canada (but they did in the US). But you’re right the US 2000 model was the beginning of the B15 platform.

Anyway, I have a 2001 SE w/ the SR20DE engine.

Sorry guys, you are correct, they are for any B15 Sentra. I will snap some pics tonight if I can, but here is a pic from manufacturer just for now…

http://www.meganracing.com/uploadImage/regular/94%20ACCORD%20REAR%20MEGAN%20BARS.jpg

Thanks,
Victor

Hmm… not bad. I may just have to induldge. But then the choice… black or polished… black or polished…

BTW, I see that you’re in Ontario. Is that $60 shipped, or is shipping extra on top (and if so, how much do you estimate)?

Hey, It’s $60 plus shipping, but I can get Purolator 3day select to Alberta for about $15. If you take both I can send in same box to save shipping and then you can sell one to somebody local or if you know someone who would go in on one with you now. Let me know. Drop me a pm. Thanks.

I may have to sit on that idea and wait it out for now. I’m not really in a rush so if someone else here (local) wants to jump in on this deal with me, I’ll consider it. Color we can negotiate on… I could almost go either way on black or polished (leaning towards polished at the moment). $15 shipping on a $60 item seems a tad steep (within Canada), but to ship both of them for roughly the same amount is reasonable.

It’s kinda annoying, but Purolator has a minimum charge on things, so I imagine the two bars together don’t go over the minimum weight limit.

I just got the Nismo Strut bar last week and I think the whole thing doesn’t weigh more than 5 pounds. Stiffens the car nicely, makes your turn in a little bit sharper. :slight_smile:

Well i’m basing this cost on shipping 2, since I just shipped 2 to Calgary for that price. I’m not sure how much cheaper it would be for1. Its just the box is pretty large. But it is also 3 day service so thats pretty good too.

Curious… didn’t your Spec-V come with a strut-brace from the factory? My '01 SE w/ Performance Pkg has one. Its rather plain looking but otherwise is no less functional than these aftermarket bars. I’m fully admitting if I were to buy one of these Megan Racing bars it was primarily for a cosmetic improvement.

Yeah, all the SE-R cars come with one. As you say, it’s rather plain and boring. I wasn’t going to buy the Nismo one, but I saw a few reviews from folks in the US that had them. The Nismo one is around twice as wide and slightly thicker than the stocker.

I can’t figure Nissan out - the 5 min bolt on strut bar is an R-Tune part…WHY??? Dummies.

Anyway, the Megan is better than the stocker but doesn’t give you quite the same advantage as the Nismo. If you don’t care, then I wouldn’t worry about it! :smiley:

Well these are still available guys. If someone wants both of them I can ship them purolator 3day anywhere in Canada for free!, need these gone asap, let me know. Thanks guys.

Nobody intersted? I need these gone asap, need money for school. Thanks!

I’ll take one, but I’m waiting for another NECC’er to step up to buy the other one. Then I’ll make arrangements with them for the two to be shipped together. I don’t want to front the $120 and then get stuck with two.