Any other 00/01 B15 Sentra SE (SR20DE-powered) Owners Here?

Or am I on my own here? I know there’s lots of SE-R/Spec-V guys around. But any 01SE’s?

They must be relatively rare (nevermind they were only available for ~1.5 years in Canada I think). I met a Spec V owner at Apex Modified last month during EZCC’s last dyno day and I happened to have my Sentra there and this guy had never laid eyes on an 01SE before… weird.

Jason

I was looking into getting an SE 2.0 when i was looking for a car, but ended up going with the 240. So how is it on power? Pretty peppy?

Not too shabby actually. Its supposed to be good for 0-60mph in about 7.8sec or so, and that seems about right based on feel.

Here’s my dyno run from last month at Apex Modified (rated 145 hp & 136 lb-ft at the crank):

I’m going to add an AEM cold-air intake just for shiz & giggles, which I’ll be sure to follow-up with an AFTER dyno run for comparison.

I may also add a sway bar kit. My car has the optional “Performance Package” which added a few handling-related upgrades above a normal SE. But a nice sway bar upgrade should help round out an already nice handling FWD daily driver.

Jason

Come on Jason, why not just do the bluebird sr20det swap and have a nice fast sleeper daily driver. Really easy to do and I even have the sport compact magaizine with basically the step by step process for the installation. If you don’t want to route intercooler piping you can use a U12 bluebird swap that comes with a top mount intercooler. YOu just can’t run more boost than what the wastegate is set at.

Dan

If I’m not mistaken (and I usually am :D) that’s a b15 chassis, is it not? If so, the suspension bits are the same as the specs, and any of the sway bar kits will fit. I prefer the Nismo stuff myself, but if you don’t care and are on a budget, there is an Eibach Front/Rear Sway kit for about 60% of the price of the two Nismo bits.

You’re correct. It is a B15 Sentra chassis, and virtually identical to an '02 SE-R (non-specV) suspension setup. AFAIK the Eibach sway bar kit that lists for the 02-05 Spec-V is compatible will all the B15 Sentra lineup (SE, XE, GXE, SE-R, etc.).

But I’ve been pricing it out at a couple places between here and Calgary and so far come up with $439-$460 CDN. That was more than I was expecting (was hoping it’d be <$300 CDN, guess that was wishful thinking). What does the Nismo set cost?

Well, if you walk into Ericksen and try to order them, they’ll cost:
Front Sway Bar - $365
Rear Sway Bar - $348
Lower Tie Bar - $232
Strut Tower Tie Bar - $270

• Tax. (OUCH.)

There is GB on www.theVboard.com right now for Nismo parts for b15’s. The prices are in USD shippped:
rear sway bar 173.25
front sway bar 173.80
front strut bar 134.75
lower tie bar 118.88
http://forums.thevboard.com/viewtopic.php?t=62950&start=0

In the US, I’ve got the Eibach kit at around 300 USD. Like here, for example:
http://tinyurl.com/977xb

To my knowledge, the suspension systems in all b15’s are the same. Not similar, the same. The main difference is in the spring rates and damper settings - the lesser Sentras are tuned very softly whereas the SE-R cars are tuned for much greater handling. (The FSM shows practically identical suspension systems for the various models, perhaps a swaybar here or there may be different.)

Anyway, Nissan subjects the Nismo parts to exceptionally high testing tolerances - they turned down Ray’s first design of the Spec V Nismo wheels because they were slightly corroded after a simulated 5 year year-round driving cycle! To me they’re worth the extra money.

Mine is the middle one on this chart (SE w/ 16" rims, which is the optional Performance Pkg):

Like I said, its the same as the SE-R (non-SpecV). 2nd highest spring rates of the group.

Nissan subjects the Nismo parts to exceptionally high testing tolerances - To me they’re worth the extra money.

That may certainly be true. But Eibach has always been known for their exceptional quality as well.

Here’s what I found on a few varieties of the bars available:

Nismo front bar is 23 mm. Nismo rear bar is 25 mm, adjustable.

Eibach front bar is 25 mm.
Eibach rear bar is 19 mm, adjustable.

Progress rear bar is 19 mm (0.75"), solid, non-adjustable.

Stillen Front Sway bar “28mm” , Hollow, non-adjustable.
Stillen rear bar is 25 mm, hollow, adjustable.

One of the advantages of the Eibach kit over some of the others is its all-inclusive in terms of the various brackets, etc. you need to fit the kit to a non-SpecV car. Whereas the Nismo bars require additional brackets I’d have to buy from Nissan as far as I know.

Anyway, I’ve still got time to think about it. I’m not really in a rush at the moment.

Jason

The Nismo comes with the brackets of which you speak. AFAIK, all Nismo parts come with the required bits to fit them to the car. My RSB does have a hardware pack with it in the box…

Lol, hey Inzane that was me @ Apex… And really your car was the only 2.0 SE I have seen to date. :partyman:

I have been starting to see a lot of Sentra 2.0 Special Editions lately, weird how you see more a few years later

I gotta drive as much as you and i still have only ever seen this one