FS: Modded 1991 M5

Its time to move on:

Im selling my 1991 BMW M5. Its currently has 198k on the (southern) body, and everything was overhauled within the last 60k miles with all paperwork.

It has:

60k on rebuilt motor, only the actual block is the same.
60k on new head
Schrick 280 cams
VAC performance valve springs
UUC short shifter
Lightened flywheel
Rebuilt transmission
Mark D’Sylva Chip
Supersprint catback exhaust
De-catted with straight pipes
Dinan Stage 3 Suspension with camber adjustment
Brand New Falken FK452 tires (235 front, 255 rear)
Corbeau Forza seats
Brand New Alpine head unit
Upgraded speakers all around with an Alpine amp for power
Clear Corners

The car is not your mint condition collector status car. It was before I got my hands on it, but I modded it accordingly to how I wanted. The car’s trunk is bare, and the center section of the rear seats is out – though I have all the interior pieces and trunk to put it back to stock.

I got it down to ~3400 lbs and it is making good power. I ran against MPD47’s modded e39 m5 and it was pretty close. I also have a video against an ILC’s e46 m3 Ill post, along with the exhaust audio clip and some 100km/h-200km/h pulls

I did go to the track and ran a 13.9@103 with it, but it is faster than that. I had 2 horrible shifts where the car jerked, so its definitely quicker than my driving shows.

Here are some pics:

Older one:

Paperwork

Heres some vids:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ubit14sFQB8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sE7g506N5g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xb2aJEn_Mtg

Now the bad:

The front passenger fender was dented by someone. I took the fender off and pounded it back out as best I could. It doesn’t look terrible, but its there.

Before:

AFter:

Front fog lights are now out as you can see in the last pic, though I have the housings for them. Same for the high beam

The AC blows ice cold only on driver side (lucky you). The passenger side blows cool when not on looped ac, but when looped, it gets warm. Ive asked around and most suggest just a stuck heater valve. I just close off the pass vents if I need ac.

The OBC lights are out. The obc still works, just needs bulbs.

The car was rear ended a few months back. Their insurance covered it and I got a brand new painted bumper out of the deal, but now the rear defrost doesn’t work and the obc display below the speedo says the tail light is out, even though it is not.

Im currently switching over to an electric fan, but I will also include a brand new fan clutch if you desire to go back to the original fan.

That’s pretty much it. The body is clean with a rust scratch on the rear driver side door, but it was a Texas car so no rust.

Car was bought for 14.5k in 03, then that owner put 6k into it, and I bought it from him in 06.

Im asking 10k

Now 9.6k with stock exhaust/ brand new radiator

or 8.5k if you bring your own wheels

Gorgeous!! GLWS!

not bad, but not the best

lol ^^^^

UGH why did I have to see this, soooo hot, but Im gonna try and shell for an E39 GLWS Scott

bump for an amazing and clean car i see it everyday at work

good luck.

I love this car… :frowning: I secretly love scott too :mamoru:

a cam is 1280$? jESUS

this car is pretty badass…

definitely a super hot car.

glws

Nice car, free bump.

Calling GSX.

nice :tup:

awesome machine.

bump