FS: NEW JVC KD-R610 Headunit CD Player

For is a brand new head unit. I didn’t realize my car came with an Alpine unit, so this one if for sale. New in box.

Paid like $140 or so for it. Sell for $100 picked up.

Put a slick, powerful tone machine in your dash — JVC’s KD-R610 CD receiver handles multiple music sources, and makes them sound their best. And JVC’s variable color display lets you dial in just the right color — you can even set one color for the main display while setting another for the buttons and controls.
iPod®, iPhone®, and beyond
Use the handy front-panel USB input to connect and control your iPod or iPhone, so you can blaze through your songs and playlists with the KD-R610’s controls. You can also switch over to the iPod’s controls so your passengers can pick the tunes. All song and artist info will show up on the receiver’s 2-line display.
This versatile stereo will handle all your CDs and recordable discs, as well as discs or or thumb drives you’ve loaded with MP3 and WMA files. You can connect a portable satellite radio to the auxiliary input, or permanently install a JVC satellite radio tuner. The KD-R610 also works with JVC’s HD Radio™ tuner, and Bluetooth® adapter for even greater flexibility.
Killer sound from any source
A 24-bit digital-to-analog converter delivers your music with new realism and clarity, while the built-in amplifier adds new life and impact to your tunes. You can adjust the 3-band parametric equalizer to dial in the right sound for your vehicle.
Looking to add bass?
Two sets of 2.5-volt preamp outputs lets you add amps and subs to your system. You can switch the rear outputs to subwoofer mode to activate a selectable low-pass filter, and you can add just the right amount of bass with the subwoofer level control.
iPod note: If you’re going to use your iPod with this receiver, be sure to check “Hands-on Research” for specific iPod model compatibility with this receiver or its optional iPod adapter.
Details:

• General features:
  • CD receiver with built-in MOSFET amplifier (20 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
  • plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs, and MP3/WMA files on disc
  • variable color display (separate control over right and left sides of receiver)
  • detachable face
  • remote control
  • Audio features:
  • built-in iPod and iPhone control
  • 3-band parametric EQ
  • subwoofer level control
  • Expandability:
  • inputs: front-panel auxiliary input, USB input
  • outputs: 4-channel preamp outputs (2.5-volt front/selectable rear/sub)
  • works with JVC’s HD Radio tuner, satellite radio, and Bluetooth adapter
  • Other info:
  • CEA-2006 compliant amplifier
  • warranty: 1 year

any idea if this would charge an iPhone 4 while it is playing music?

Not 100% sure, it connects to it though…

Since it has the USB plug-in… I would say 99% sure that it does charge it

Sorry bRyan, not trying to clog up your thread but I’m super serious about buying it if it does charge the iPhone 4.

My current head unit is a Pioneer out of a Scion and it has a USB connector that plays music off of my old school iPod Video and charges it at the same time. It doesn’t charge my newer iPod Touch though.

I’ll try and look it up elsewhere.

edit:

says nothing about it here, wtf? :lol

Np, i listed on supraforums as well. It’s a new model if that matters.

1 second of searching…

http://www.mobile.jvc.com/product.jsp?modelId=MODL028619&pathId=54&page=3

says YES for battery charge for Ipod/Iphone

Bam, according to the manual:

http://resources.jvc.com/Resources/00/01/36/43.PDF

It charges both iphone and ipod

beat you

I still gotta keep searching though because my head unit was made in April 2007 (I’m looking at it now) and it doesn’t charge my dad’s 3GS which came out in June 2009. If this thing was released before June 2010 and isn’t updatable then it probably won’t charge my iPhone 4.

I’ll just get back to you via PM if I figure out it works :facepalm :rofl

If you say so!

Bryan, don’t sell it to Kramer. Sounds like the purchase could come back to bite you in the ass. Avoid him at all costs.

Haha

up

up!

Return it?

cant, they dont take returns :confused: