FS: Nitrous Express Kit (New in Box!)

Thanks for the help Chad. I guess you jinxed me because the buyer from Barrie hasn’t shown up yet. (Maybe, he’s snowed in!)

Regardless, I’ve had a lot of interest in this kit and many have asked the same questions. This isn’t my first Nitrous (N20) kit so here are the answers from my experience:

:?: How much does it cost to fill the tank?
A 10lb tank usually costs between $65 and $75.

:?: Where can I fill it?
Performance Improvements is an authorized filling station and many other “speed shops” can do so as well.

:?: How long does it last?
It depends on the jet size. (if you use the 75hp jet you go through it faster than if you use the 55hp jet) Since this is normally used for a quarter mile race you never use it any more than 15 seconds at a time in even the slowest cars. My tank would easily last a whole day at the strip. It also helps to have the bottle heated to the proper temperature for best results.

:?: How well does it work?
On my 1995 240sx I used a 75-shot kit and it took 1.5 seconds off of my quarter mile time instantly. My time went from 15.9 stock to 14.4 seconds and I probably could’ve gone faster if I could launch/drive better or used slicks. With some additional modifications to the car I got down to 13.8 seconds. (not bad on a non-turbo KA 240!)

:?: Will it hurt my car?
Absolutely not, as long as your car is in proper running order when the kit is installed. The only modifications I made was to change my spark plugs to a cooler level.

:?: Will my car run like crap when I’m not using the nitrous?
No, the car runs just like normal, even your fuel economy is unaffected. This is what’s great about this kit, you only get the power when you want it. (I’m feeling the pain already with the gas bills from my Turbo Spec V).

There is also a lot of information on the Nitrous Express website as well.

I hope this helps!

This kit will make a great X-mas present for yourself!

If you’re interested please contact me at (416)873-4268 or email me at henc547"AT"rogers.com