FS: Stanton Sk-6 2-channel DJ Mixer like new

I got a “like new” stanton Sk-6 2-channel mixer for sale. $135…retails for $200
mint condition no scratches…only selling because i’m getting a new 3channel mixer.
It has mulitple input types so it can be used with turntables, CDJ’s, stereos computers etc…
great starter mixer.
it also has reversable face plate so if you scratch it or stain it you can flip the plate to have a brand new face plate…its never been switched & there are no marks in the active side.

INFO: This battle mixer from Stanton has all the features that professional turntablists need. No other mixer in this class features an effects loop for external effects.

* Unique PROTEKT panel hides all screws underneath the top panel for smooth, hassle-free fader operation.
* Super smooth crossfader with photo-coupler system and curve adjustment
* Reverse function for crossfader and each channel fader with 2 color
* LED (green: normal, red: reverse)
* 2 line and 2 phono inputs.
* Gain and 2 band EQ (+9/-26dB) on each channel
* Effects send/return for external effects. Effects are post-crossfader.
* ON/OFF switch for each channel plus MIC.
* Three-way, 8 position line/phono toggle switches with FLASH feature    (optional 2 way switch available separately)
* Mic input with volume control and 2 band EQ (+10/ -10 dB)
* Headphone input with volume control and cue pan fader
* Master output (TRS balanced 1/4" and unbalanced RCA)
* Transducers: 40mm drivers
* Frequency range: 3-28,000 Hz
* Sensitivity Impedance: 102 dB 50 Ohm
* Cable length: Approx. 8.5Ft (2.8m)
* Maximum power input: 80mW
* Jack (mm): 3.5mm stereo with 1/4" (6.3mm) adaptor
* Weight (w/o cord): Approx. .4 Lb (170g)

http://namm.harmony-central.com/SNAMM00/Content/Stanton_Magnetics/PR/Stanton-sk6-l.jpg

Thats the same one I got! I wish I knew how to use it better. Good luck on selling it

yeah its a decent mixer, i got now complaints, but i need more flexability/options…
the only thing i never really used was the FX loop…but i never bought any FX add-ons to run through it.

i just got a stanton SMX-401
http://store1.yimg.com/I/djgear_1827_155840223

I wanted a 3 channel mixer with built in sampler, but they are pricy and hard to find in battle size (10") most of them are the longer 19" …and that won’t fit into my DJ coffin.

so I’m assuming you do a little spinning? What style music? I’m into DnB and trance mostly but house gets me movin too. You know any good clubs in the burgh for those? For any decent dnb sets I’ve always had to travel to DC or Cleveland. I haven’t been to a good club in awhile and I’ve been itchin to go.

P.S. - I wish I could spin, I have the mixer and 2 turntables (forget the models) that I got from a guy who owed me money. I only have 3 records too, so that limits my ability to even learn.

I haven’t been to any decent club that spins DnB here in Pgh…you can get Trance @ Matrix but its not great…last time i was there (over a yr. ago) there was a guy in the House/jungle/garage room that was decent.

I spin all types of stuff, House, Trance, Dance/Club, Hiphop/RnB, oldschool.

My record collection is not big but not small either…probably 100+ records…seems like a lot but not really when you start spinning.

I haven’t really done much with the dj stuff lately…since i bought my house & moved out of oakland I’ve been spending most of my free time painting/fixing stuff & working on the project civic with gearhead & ol’ dirty georg.

…And I haven’t gotten the room setup, where all my dj stuff is gonna go, so that makes it difficult too.

hopefully when this new mixer come in the mail it will get me motivated to start playing around with that stuff again.

I went to Jimmy Tsengs or something like that in Oakland one night where they had some dudes spinnin some decent dnb. It was local guys and a real small venue but I had a good time. Plus there was some people there doing some crazy dancing.

I’m not a big fan of Matrix. I used to go there quite a bit (a year+ ago) but it wasn’t my type of crowd really. A little on the preppy side. But their techno rooms seemed like they were just playin recorded music… I wasnt there for the music at the time so it wasnt of much concern to see what was up. I saw Dieselboy there once too but he had a shitty MC… :confused:

Good luck with the mixer. If you have any of your stuff recorded I’d like to hear it :bigthumb:

i forgot which nights, but shadow lounge in east liberty at the corner of highland and baum blvd. its a decent club now that it expanded. no liquor license so somtimes its byob or they charge you 5-10 bucks all you can drink, but you need to tip the bartender to get drinks. Its also open til 6am.

Hmmmmm, nice… I’d like to check it out. I don’t drink so it’s perfect.