Fuel Injectors, What size?

I have been talking to some of the honda guys on here and I am looking to run 15-16 lbs of boost. What size injectors should I go with in the DOHC b16? 650 or 1000? I currently have 450s in there but over 12 lbs of boost i heard the 450s are no good. What do you guys think?

What kind of power are you trying to make?

Read HondaTech?

Im sure it’s been gone over?

i would liek to get up to around 400hp

650s are fine.

get 1000 just in case you decide to get more power

thats what i am thinking, what are some good brands out there?

dont go bigger than what is recommended unless you know for a fact that you are going to shoot for more power unless you like a challenge of getting the car to idle well. :slight_smile:

Brian

[quote=“AndyB”"]

I have been talking to some of the honda guys on here and I am looking to run 15-16 lbs of boost. What size injectors should I go with in the DOHC b16? 650 or 1000? I currently have 450s in there but over 12 lbs of boost i heard the 450s are no good. What do you guys think?

[/quote]

[quote=“Carnut,post:2,topic:37216"”]

What kind of power are you trying to make?

[/quote]

:wave:

[quote=“AndyB,post:4,topic:37216"”]

i would liek to get up to around 400hp

[/quote]

[quote=“Carnut,post:5,topic:37216"”]

650s are fine.

[/quote]

:tup:

[quote=“elmisterioso666,post:6,topic:37216"”]

get 1000 just in case you decide to get more power

[/quote]

:meh:

[quote=“AndyB,post:7,topic:37216"”]

thats what i am thinking, what are some good brands out there?

[/quote]

:picard:

[quote=“reliant_turbo,post:8,topic:37216"”]

dont go bigger than what is recommended unless you know for a fact that you are going to shoot for more power unless you like a challenge of getting the car to idle well. :slight_smile:

Brian

[/quote]

I’ll bet you an Apple emplanada your good advice just fell on deaf ears. :fyi:

Damn it, out of popcorn.

haahhahahhaaha rick. Nice. I got a PM for 650s. Someone read this thread :stuck_out_tongue:

damn you rx3 i still hate you, but on a side note, i know 650s are fine but if i decide i want to say but a bigger turbo on there i will be pissed if i have to buy bigger injectors again.

buying the right injectors now for what you need is going to be cheaper in the long run. you’re tuner is going to have to take longer trying to get it to idle properly, and what if you don’t go bigger? even if you did get a bigger turbo, you can EASILY sell those injectors without much loss, and pick up the proper ones. i think the last thing on your mind if you’re thinking about upgrading should be injectors… clutch? axles? pistons? sleeving? etc etc. build the car for your set hp goals and save money. then if you want to upgrade later, gather your new needed parts, install and sell the used stuff that can’t handle the big power. but seriously, who needs more than 400hp in a civic…shit 300 is almost too much. you can’t run much wider than a 215 tire without rubbing everywhere. these aren’t known for they’re great ability to plant power…

my .02

[quote=“ieatpaint315,post:12,topic:37216"”]

who needs more than 400hp in a civic

[/quote]

People that want to run 9s

[quote=“93dx–hatch,post:13,topic:37216"”]

People that want to fix their car all the time

[/quote]

fixed :stuck_out_tongue:

i run 1000s and make 420whp i have 0 problems with idle didn’t faze my tuner or take him any extra time to make it idle/run right… go big or go home lol

id recommend 650’s. your not going to need more then that in a stock sleeve motor on pump gas.

Besides, how hard is it to swap out injectors if you decided to make more power.

id stay around 750cc.

Yeah, get whatever now, its easy to change later, and you can sell injectors all the time. I sold my 54# injectors for what I paid when I went to 83# injectors. Then I sold those for 30 bucks less then I paid for them. 10 minute job or so to switch them out. Get what is cheaper I guess.

Tuning shouldn’t be a big problem. I tuned my 83# injectors using megasquirt, and I had no prior tuning knowledge (hands on). My idle was 15:1 and my dyno showed as flat as could be, 12.1:1 afr across, after 4k rpm.

–mark

[quote=“Carnut,post:10,topic:37216"”]

I got a PM for 650s. Someone read this thread :stuck_out_tongue:

[/quote]

thank goodness. :slight_smile:

RX3 that post was funny. :slight_smile:

Brian