fun in the sun at PRP

A few of us rolled out to PRP today for a fun saturday of 1/4 mile racing.
I met 2 fellow pittspeeder’s DG Performance and T70_TSI cool cats

Best runs today were:
Best E.T. : 11.503
Best M.P.H :122.56
Best 60’ :1.73
close to where i was last year a tad quicker.
got issues with wheel hop even droppin tire pressure didnt make a difference
shitty all season performance tires = shitty 60’ times

I need a C16 map , then maybe get her in the low 11 range

Nice time!

Thats awsome to hear,
did t70TSI run today?

He did run but i am not sure what he pulled. I believe he was battlin some issues

Kurt:

I ran but the car misfired over 6krpms so best i could do was 5-6k until 4th gear and just let it pull at that point, 12.4@122 was the best I could do. I did manage a 14.9 NA from a blown IC pipe off the line which i thought was hauling ass for NA.

Eh overall i’m not too upset since i coulndt get over 6k. I’m sorting out a shitload of electical issues at the moment. ecu isnt’ getting a TPS signal and goes nuts at 6k

Also dealing with the smoking issue too, looks like the turbo is going back soon as i sort out this problem.

R/T … .448
60’ … 1.996
330 … 5.626
1/8 … 8.285
MPH … 98.33
1000 … 10.577
1/4 … 12.473
MPH … 121.30

what did denny run in his.I think i saw a 12.0 but i could be mistaken. I saw erics best time was a 12.2

Was PRP crowded? How many runs did you guys get in? We had a VERY well prepped car go through the lights at 9.14 seconds and a very high mph loose it in the shut down area and start flipping and hitting guard rails at the big end. It really killed the mood, I thought the driver was done for. Luckily it was a WELL prepped car and he came out of it ok, albeit very shaken up from what I could tell.

Before that happened I ran a 12.1 at 122 and a 12.0 at 122 on my 14b (stock turbo no porting) eclipse. Must have gotten over 20 runs in yesterday.

crowded like always we got 3 runs in.

Damn sounds like scary shit glad to hear that dude came out ok

looks like you got that stocker dialed in well good topend !!
are you gonna run a 3065 right ? when does that go in?

yeah Mack Denny’s car ran a best of 12.0 @ 113 with Nate driving it :slight_smile:

Eric broke of 3 12 second passes today 2 @ 12.2 , 1@ 12.7 thats the second video of the 3 i posted we both bogged hard out the hole but finished strong

his car is trappin 115+ mph with a boost issue. He’s got a freak of a car

3065 is on hold until I get the funds. I’m switching jobs/locations so we’ll see how much disposable income I have. Right now I guess its a fun quick spooling car that I have to learn to drive better. I got 20+ passes in yesterday but my best were in the morning. I was hot lapping it most of the day. No major downtime at PRP then?

T ran the 12.9 at 110 with his exhaust manifold half on. Eric needs to boost leak test his car asap.

Might want to look into a poly mounts on the front and rear roll mounts (the ones that control transverse movement of the engine). Also somebody sells a kit that ties the timing belt side of the engine to the strut tower that seems to help my friends evo.

^^^ good deal will have to look into some of this. being that is what is gonna hold me back from being quicker

Hey i think the next time i am going up is May 9th on that first Wednesday they have TNT this year.

Hopefully its nice and chilly gates open 5:30 and it starts at 6:30-10:30

will see what i can do fuckin weekdays are a bitch for me. definitly tryin to get it out to the first sport compact shootout!!

If i can get rid of this wheeelhop i just might be quick

That would be may 25th.

Can anyone explain how the do the sub categories?

Whats considered the following?

Quick 16 4 cyl stock?
Quick 16 4 cyl power added?
Quick 8 all 6 cyl?

I am not sure what the requirements are to be stock or power added…

Pro 500 tree :hsdance:

stock=all motor
power adder=power adder

Are you sure, that seems like its unfair to people with no mods on a stock cobalt SS or a stockish evo…

I always thought that they have made it by if you have an upgraded turbo nos all that stuff thats power added

I will be there. I like racing at night better. I am planning out my month of May to get as much racing in as possible :x: