fun stuff to do in orlando?

I’m going to orlando this june for about a week.

Couldn’t pass up those $71 dollar deals each way on southwest, direct to orlando.

Decided to take the misses for some R&R.

We will be renting a car, and would like some ideas what to do.

We are not going to Disney, I have some Universal passes instead.

We want to spend at least a day in an oceanfront hotel, I was looking at Cocoa Beach.

For the rest of the week I’d like to stay in a villa or condo in orlando. I’ve been checking out vrbo.com

Any advise for the area?

universal and city walk are a good time. can almost spend the whole vaca there. i was there last month

i just got back…stayed at the Hard Rock attached to Universal and spent every night at city walk…it was excellent.

If the lady likes a good bar with some dancing go to the Red coconut there :tup:

Also the Blue Man Group show is very good there.

2 chics same time

I’m going to be in naples and orlando in a couple weeks… In Orlando I’m staying downtown at the grand bohemian and I’ve been told there are some good bars / restaurants within walking distance.

keep the Orlando recommendations coming :smiley:

orlando doesnt border an ocean, my gf works at the grand cypress hyatt, check it out if u get a chance, i satyed there for about two weeks, beautiful.

Ok this sounds touristy and gay but… You gotta go to Gatorland. its sorta south of the airport. The place is amazing, its like the largest gator preseve in fla.
Make sure you stick around for the feeding show. Its really cool to see a 15-20 gator almost completely out of the water jumping for a chicken carcus.

check out city walk for sure, aside from that downtown disney has some really good places to eat. Bongos is gloria estefan’s place and i really dig it there. Cuban food is pretty fucking tasty.

Ripley’s believe it or not is fun there is all sorts of stuff on international dive. if u go to islands of adventure defiantly hit up the hulk and dueling dragons

Friday and Saturday nights at Old Towne on 192 are cruise nights. I forget which night is which, not that it matters. But one is pre-70 the other is post-70. Although some of either vintage come when they please.

On a good night there might be 400? cars.

I’ve got a friend who lives down there. I’m going to visit myself in a couple weeks. I’ll find out if there are any special events coming up. A couple years ago there was a charity car show like you’ve never seen. It was to benefit the homeless of all things. Had to be 200? cars. All Ferrari’s, Lambo’s, Bentley’s, Saleen’s, nothing but the most exotic car’s.

Cape Canaveral launches are always neat too, especially night ones.

Take a tour of Daytona Speedway. Not expensive and see the museum there too.

Depending on when you’re going, try and hit up a Tampa Devil Ray’s game. I think the Yankee’s are playing there the 14th&15th.

1. Old Town is a must…
  2. go to Pirates Cove mini-golf at the Cross Roads in Lake Buena Vista
  3. go get some Hibichi before at Kobe Steakhouse in the same area
  4. We did the Titanic Experience - sounds gay - but it is fun and interesting - http://www.titanictheexperience.com/
  5. Even if you aren’t doing Disney - go to Downtown Disney (free) - go shopping, dinner (Rainforest is my fav there), take some cool photos
  6. City Walk at Universal - Margaritaville of course to eat dinner and drink a margarita

That’s all I got for now but I know that area pretty well.

i know the area but am a little rusty. went to the bbiq (battle bots iq) when i was in high school got free passes to the parks universal that is, and got to chill in the studios themselves that was hot!

Thought of a couple more things.

Not far from downtown over in Dr Phillips are a few good places to eat. For breakfast there’s Einstiens Bagels and Two Jay’s right next to each other in the Dr Phillips Plaza at the corner of Dr Phillips Blvd and SandLake. We go there every weekend. In the same plaza is Christini’s Italian Restuarant.

And while I think about it Gatorland is on South OBT(Orange Blossom Trail) just South of the 417. You don’t want to drive the whole way down from Orlando on OBT. Traffic is a bitch. Take the 417 from 4 to get there.

And another note, the construction on 4 is done, it’s now either 2 or 3 lanes all the way there. Much better than before. 192 has some construction though, best to check daily updates as to where and when.

Might also want to check out a Predator’s game, that’s alway’s entertainment. Not sure the schedule while you’re there. If there is a game, get there early, lot’s of activities and tailgating going on.

If you’re into it, hit up the Kennedy Space Center. It’s at least a full day if you take the bus tour too.

Harley of Orlando is kind of a cool place to visit.

For beaches of course you have Daytona and Cocoa. But don’t forget about St Pete’s beach. All sort’s sof nitelife in Daytona for sure. There’s a really good steak house just on the way out of Cocoa right before the highway. Doesn’t look like much and if you didn’t know about it, you’d never go there. We like to stop there on the way back from the beach. It’s called Durango’s.

I’ll think of some more places to go and stuff.

if ur looking for bars/clubs

church st, wall st area

I’m going to the Grand Cypress Hyatt in about 2 days. What does your girlfriend do there?