garage door openers?

anyone know where to find a universal opener? we have a garage at the ritz, but no opener. it gets kind of annyoing to walk up the porch stairs, through the apt, down the garage stairs, through the garage.

any ideas? the thing is suuuuper old. i can find out the brand name if needed.

gimme the brand name

Do you mean the remote or the opener itself?

and model/ serial number

So i guess its not rolling code? Theyre freeking expensive for some reason. Value has them, i guess ones from sears would work… home depo maybie?

All I know is that this garage door is so old that it doesn’t even have an eye- once it goes down it’s not going back up even if you are under it.

It may be cheaper to just get a new garage door opener.

Home Depot has a bunch of remotes that say they are “Universal” they are like $30

Jam, Radioshack used to have them for like $15 last time I saw them was at least 2 years ago but it’s worth a shot.

you need to have the code, hopefully dirty can help you if you provide the model and s/n. I need one as hell but I have like 3 that do work so i can open one and get the pattern

If it’s super old it probably has a bank of dip switches. If so the “Clicker” brand from depot will work. It’s $26 and its on clearance right now. If it is a rolling code system which I doubt beins so old, you woukd need to know the manufactuer to get the correct remote. They sell conversion kits from dip switch to rolling code for $47 at depot as well. These are all my products so ask away if ya have questions.

FYI most of the universal remotes come with a code sheet