Gas versus electric dryer?

Hey Guys,

I’m buying a dryer this week.

I have both gas lines and a 220 electric line in the basement, so I can choose which unit to buy.

The electric unit is about 70 dollars cheaper than the gas one…

Is gas really that much cheaper to operate than electric?

good fucking question. In for info

(from what i’ve been told gas is cheaper but I have no idea how much)

I’m not sure about the price but gas def dries faster.

gas > electric for appliances IMO

From my experience, gas dries in about half the time, maybe 2/3’s. I would also agree that for appliances, i would go gas all the way.

I have an appliance business on the side. It’s on Oliver st. in North Tonawanda.

The gas is more efficient and dries faster but they seem to beak more often. Still I’d go with the gas.

dont forget to factor the price of the utility to run them… gas is going up… electricity is not going up as fast

I just bought one last week. I went electric. When i was a youngin a neighbor’s house burned, Fire guys said it was the dryer and that once the gas line went it just fed the fire so gas ones dont set right with me. Now here’s a question why doesnt anyone stock electric dryers??? i had to order one and it should be in this week. Everyplace i called no one seamed to stock electric ones-only gas ones??

Tell that to the electric company… my electric bill was just re-adjusted again and it is way more than my gas bill.

I will chime in… I have used many electric and now own a gas… Gas pwns the electric in speed and efficiency in drying.

hang your clothes outside? it’s nice out.

gas

Well, we ended up going with the electric dryer. It turned out to be about 80 bucks cheaper than the gas dryer, and it was a larger sized dryer.

I found some info on the net that it averages about 6-9 cents cheaper per load for gas versus electric…

So basically, its a toss up.

it all depends on the utilities.

head to Arcade for a Electric dryer.

everything down there is electric there power is so cheap.

i cant see the gas being any more dangerous fire wise than an electric one.

most dryer fires are caused by lint plugging the exaust vent. people clean the screens but rarely clean the rest of the venting system. The biggest thing to look for is a dryer that has a good hydrometer that shuts off when the clothes are acually dry. instead of just a timer that runs till its finished.