Gateway Recovery

Ok so my gf’s computer needs to be Recovered. There is no disk to recover it from, just the portion on the HD. I need to do a recovery from a disk, because the standard portion on the HD never helps with the full recovery(a.k.a. never recovers microsoft word, works, wireless driver, etc…). So is there any place on the internet to download a copy or is there anyone on here in the Depew area that has one?

Computer Information:
Gateway MT6451
Windows Vista Home Premium
Service Pack 1

Processor:
AMD Turion 64x2 Mobile Technology TL-50 1.60GHz

System Type:
32-bit Operating System

I dont know if there is anything else you need to know but just ask and i’ll do the best of my ability to answer.

P.S. Gateway wanted $75 for a recovery disk.

You can get the drivers off gateways website under support.

You can probably download the operating system off some torrent.

i have a vista ultimate disk without SP1 so u would need to DL them through windows

Would that make any difference if its Windows Ultimate, and not windows vista Home Preimum?

Also i have an HP disk i’m assuming that it wont work?

As long as you use the right type of Windows: Home/Pro etc, you can use anyone’s disk. Just make sure you use your serial number to register it. I just used a Dell disc to reinstall Windows on my friends HP because that’s all we had at 4am. You just need to get your drivers online.

I have the one that came with my laptop. Vista 32 and 64 dvd with sp1. I don’t use the key either. You need to download your drives tho as its just a standard install CD