glass repair

buddy of mine needs a windshield done right, anyone with suggestions, best around here and so on and so on. dunno if it being an 87 RX7 makes a difference but thats the car

safelite on walden and dick had my passenger front window replaced before I could get downtown to City hall.

they repaired it WHILE you were driving? :eekdance:

thats just how good they are. Nall I dropped it off and the wifey and I were headed DT when I got the call that is was done.

Alot of body shops have people who can repair glass, replacing glass on an 87 rx8 might be expensive… It really depends on how big the crack is

there’s an 87 rx7 downtown for like 700 bucks with an intact windshield and perfect motor and drivetrain… just sayin

Safelite did my Jetta windshield. Twice. My fault once. I found out when I slammed the trunk on a 8’ pvc pipe that a Jetta is 7’ 11" long. :rofl: Second time rock chip. They’ll come to where you are, do it while you work. I think it was like $100, but I don’t remember because my insurance picked up the tab.

Glass America on Union/Whirle. They use a much higher quality glass that Safelite. Safelite makes their own glass and it is not as well made as the big brands.

Safelite put a windshield in the saturn a few years back, I think it is made in china. The glass is not as good as OEM, but they did a real nice job, no leaks anything.

If you call them, lowball the piss out of them, there is a ton of markup on glass and they will honor other shops prices.

If you just have a chip/crack then buy the fix-a-windshield kit at walmart for 10 bucks. Works IDENTICAL to what safelite gets 100 bucks to do.

I just fixed a chip in my girlfriends windshield, it looks 99 percent perfect.

Yea, with cheap glass you can sometimes have a wavy spot that looks weird at some angles…