Auto Glass?

Eh, my windshield cracked. Came out to the parking lot after school got into my car and guess what I see. Two foot long hair cracks.
Now my question, what good/cheap (I know it doesn’t go together but hey u never know) automotive glass place in Capital Region?
I went to Niskayuna Auto Glass and got quoted $250 before tax.

Safelite Auto Glass in Albany. They’re fast, affordable, and do good work.

+1 for Safelite right behind Alb airport. They’ve done 2 windshields for me.

Safelite $254.95 + 7.95 for moldings + tax
Eh, why does it have to be so expensive!

Glass insurance is $21 per car per year for me and I’ve been wrecking one windshield a year lately. Definitely the way to go.

Well, eh I though I had glass insurance on mine but here’s what I got when I called my insurance to see whats covered.
Toyota Celica COVERED
Toyota Camry COVERED
Honda Civic NOT COVERED
I guess I forgot to put it on! :(, while i was talking to her I added it to my insurance because I know that this will probably happen again.

When I went to their website it said that they have shop on Albany-Shaker road? Do you know if that one is any good?

Amazin Glass Co. albany! 462-3666

tell them Harold sent ya.

you’ll prob. talk to one of the Donna’s. she’ll answer the phone!

dude if you put glass coverage on, then just wait for like 2 weeks, and make a claim.

you can go to a junk yard and remove one from a parts car if you are careful. you can either install it yourself or have someone do it for you. should save you a bunch of $.

wow, im so glad ive got glass coverage. whats more expensive guys, to buy the GLASS itself or the labor of putting one IN? i mean ive seen it done, it doesnt look hard, but i know if u mess up a bit u break it, crack it or it leaks nonstop.

Labor is dirt cheap, window isn’t, nor is the equipment used to put it in.

A Safelite guy did my windshield on a side, windshield COST was 180$, and he charged me 200$ total.

The window was in the car before I was even done with the morning jog.

i cracked the windshield in my old beater… when my hood latch rusted and the hood flew threw it at 80mph, and the windshield in the EK was punched and cracked… but i had Capitalland do it. $221 including tax and they showed up at my house… i left a check in the visor, replaced the windshields… no complaints other than spending $440 on windshields.

i had a place called “win auto glass” replace a windshield for me at my house a while back, was pretty affordable too, right around $200.

Well just for future reference I went to a couple of places in CapRegion to get Price Quotes (all quotes were for the same car ;D)
Colonie Mechanics $280+tax
Safelite $263+ tax
Niskayuna Glass $250+tax
American Glass $230+tax
Amazin Glass Co. $190+tax

So I went with Amazin Glass Co. cuz they are cheap and now have Glass Insurance added to my insurance so this shit doesn’t happen again.
I was really surprised that Amazin Glass had way lower price then any other places that I went to, so I had to give them a call again to check if work and everything was included in the price.
PS: Hank, thank you for your help!

no problem when ya going i might b there tomorrow doing the wind sshield in the jeep.

my old man loves it when i come in and just take over!!! :mwahaha

p.s if i’m not there make sure u talk a bunch of shit about me too!!! ;D

any time H

glass coverage is only 16 a month for me, little over 1 dollar per month… trust me its not one of those make or break your wallet deals…

I have an appointment Monday Morning at 8am and I’ll be staying there til the car is done and then going to work.

yeah i think we only pay 15 or 16$ a mont for 2 vehicles.

it’s not the labor that gets ya but the glass it’s self!!