GM investment means 710 jobs

General Motors is reshaping its future, and the Tonawanda Engine Plant will add hundreds of jobs to be part of it. The good news just keeps coming to the engine plant, Tuesday morning, the first shift of workers got an hour off of work to hear the official announcement. The new generation of V8 engines will be made at the Tonawanda plant, with a GM investment of $400 million. This means, 710 jobs.

News 4 asked Governor David Paterson to comment on the unique union-management relationship at the plant, that paved the way for the GM investment.

Paterson said, “It’s a tremendous relationship and I wish that it could be emulated around the country, and even in outer space, and other planets, like planet Albany.”

“We have a great working relationship here, the UAW with GM managers,” said Bob Coleman, UAW Local 77Chairman. “That’s one thing Steve and I, we will continue to work together to bring products here to GM.”

Plant Manager Steve Finch said, “And we’re proud that this is the place it is coming to. Congratulations men and women of Tonawanda.”

This is the second major GM investment at this plant in just a matter of months.
GM is also making a $235 million investment in St. Catharines, to create 400 jobs.

http://www.wivb.com/dpp/money/GM-creates-710-jobs-in-Tonawanda
Good news to hear but I think Patterson was on crack when he made that statement.

lol :tup: