GM mulls 4-cylinder engine for new Camaro

Saturn Sky weights 2,933 lbs
Holden’s Commodore comes in between 3,726 lb – 4,023 lb

Ah - but the new G8 only gets a rated 24, and that’s with the cylinder deactivation.

Besides, if the California lawsuit against the EPA goes through, this might be a “California-only” model. It’s too bad that NY follows CA emissions.

G8’s are a lot heavier though iirc.

You have to buy a new camaro Joe, so my challenger can have someone to play with. + I have a feeling it will be more then 40k for a v8.

Iron Duke II: The Sequel

rofflecopter:biglaugh:

i think this would be good, as long as it didnt sound anything like a honda, with 260hp or w/e it isnt going ot be to slow and beign a 4cly instead of a 6 it will have better mpg, think about how shitty the 3.4 f-bodys were bad mpg and like 160hp no imagine 260hp and better mpg that would be good it would most likely sell greatly

think about how many v6 stangs are out there and how slow they are

I don’t see the problem with a 4 cylinder turbo RWD Camaro. I’m surprised no one mentioned the Grand National with the 3.8 turbo V6, I mean that didn’t seem to bad.

4 cyl camero… wow… nuff said. :tdown:

how? look how many pos 3.4 and 3.8 fbodys that are dirt slow and shitty get sold, at least now there will be 260hp and better mpg there going to sell great and not be pos and dirt slow

Turbo cars are usually cheap and easy to upgrade so I don’t see this as being all that bad. There’s huge aftermarket support built into the Camaro name. Could be a new era of american muscle cars if they sell well.

It will mean good things for the LNF if it does go into the Camaro because it will help its aftermarket. How long till a modded LNF Camaro beats its stock V8 counterpart?

Which affects city mileage more than highway.

Oh, and for those who are doubters - remember John Lingenfelter died driving a six-second Ecotec. So the block/system already has some aftermarket support (albeit small for the LNF in particular so far) - adding the Camaro will just increase that.

Choice is what ponycars are supposed to be about. If there’s turbo-fours available as an option, awesome. have your cake any damn way you please.

I haven’t looked at a Mustang’s interior recently, but after seeing the spy shots of the Camaro’s interior, I will be interested to see the final result.

now, if you get pulled over in a 4 cly camaro, will the cop let u go because you are driving a muscle car…or will he write you a ticket because you are driving a “rice burner”

soon to come…4 cylinder camaro’s with dual fart cans :bloated:

yah… heads & cam that flow better then stock…

that pos 5.0 I had, had very nicely ported e7s and a cam, got 30mpg in 5th gear highway.

MESSAGE TO GM: THE CAMARO IS NOT ALL ITS HYPED UP TO BE IN THE FIRST PLACE. PLEASE QUIT BEFORE YOU BECOME REALLY BROKE