GM's Answer to the Raptor????

http://assets6.paultan.org/image/sierra-1.jpg

http://assets6.paultan.org/image/sierra-2.jpg

Not bad, but not worth the 55k they’ll probably be asking for it. Plus, IFS scares me in a heavy duty pickup, always has

i like it…was checking it out the other day online

Nice,IFS aint bad,GM’s had it since 88!

Nice… we’ll see if they actually make it tho.

Still want a Raptor tho.

hopefully not all of that is standard…

swing out steps, ifs, and 20’s ftl

uh, isn’t the Raptor supposed to be a light and nimble off road racer?

Yeah, this thing seems way too heavy to do half the shit the raptor does… Raptors are fun to jump. lol.

how many times have you jumped a raptor?

I like it.

looks like a nice mall crawler

None… yet… but a certain orange one I know is begging to be jumped.

so they are fun to jump… but you haven’t jumped one?

you realize this is equivilant to a virgin saying that sex is the greatest thing ever, right?

this

that

Ugly. Big suprise there with what GM has been shitting out lately.

Put me down for one Raptor. (After I hit the lottery, of course.)

Why is everybody comparing this thing to the Raptor. The idea with a truck like this would NOT be to compete with the Raptor. The Raptor IS THE TOY ITSELF whereas this is meant to TOW YOUR TOYS WHEN THAT MEANS TOWING OFFROAD. For example, go see my post here. When we go and camp to run these things we go way off the pavement. With a big trailer (like my enclosed, not the open my rail is on in that post) sometimes you need to carry some speed through some rough stuff… stock HDs don’t do too well at that.

THIS IS NOT “GM’S ANSWER TO THE RAPTOR” IT IS GM’S ANSWER TO A REAL WORLD NEED THAT GUYS LIKE I HAVE The Raptor on the other hand really answers no need. It’s not really capable as a pre-runner or in the dunes, it can’t really tow, etc. I guess it answers the question “Yo BRO-TATO I just got a hella sick flat-brim Monster hat, what truck should I buy to match it!?!?!?!”

I really don’t care if you don’t like how my truck looks… you suck on '84 German cocks. But if GM is shitting out the new LML Duramax then I don’t even want to know how Ford is failing it up big enough to have better #s (400/800 vs. 397/765 HP/TQ for Ford and GM respectively) yet get their fucking taints handed to them in the real world.

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2010/11/chevy-vs-ford-in-heavy-duty-rumble-in-the-rockies.html

-TJ

I :love: TJ

BTW, I’d honestly expect it to be far north of $55k… all of the big 3 Diesels are $60k+ already with the crew cab, 4x4, and the top trim level. Whether or not you think it’s “worth” that much I guess is up to you.

And what scares you about IFS? Ask any Dodge HD owner how often they have to rebuild their whole front ends and you’ll see solid axles aren’t necessarily immune to problems. GM just beefed up the entire IFS on the '11 HDs.

:love: u 2

-TJ

fellow friend of mine that does landscaping as well has done this twice so far to pass inspections.

Judging by these videos, I can make an educated guess that these owners are not having a bad time.

I’m just sayin.