GM's going out of business sale

2001 blackhawk? sounds badass

That’d be sweet if you could grab that for a winter car since it probably has ~100 miles on it and I’m guessing will go for dirt cheap.

Fiero Goodwrench Race

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/WingNutMD/2006%20GLFF/DSCF0906Small.jpg

Make fun if you want, but I want that car.

LMP #8

That is going to fetch some coin.

*2002 Camaro Police
*1994 Impala SS 6 Speed
*1992 Impala SS 510
*Caprice “Fire & Rescue”

UGH the LMP car is sooo hot

I want that little thing in the lower right corner, what is that. It looks like a purple CRX.

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/jalopnik/2008/12/GM_Heritage_Auction.jpg

http://www.popularmechanics.com/automotive/new_cars/1269726.html

455-cu.-in. Stage III V8 engine fuel injected with 463 hp and 510 ft.-lb. of torque to the rear wheels

Once they get real desperate the hidden Ev1’s will go up for sale :snky:

You mean the ones sitting behind my house? :lol:

Actually I think they are all gone now. Though I do see the hydrogen Envoy almost daily. It’s hilarious when I’m working in my driveway and you hear it drive by; it does not sound like any other vehicle around.

Yep definitly none hanging around…

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3115/2896539734_e11d62eed7.jpg?v=0

Looks like there is 20 left according to GM

that list would be better if the car pics were with the names

Back in '04 GM donated an EV1 to my school. I believe it was forwarded onto the Crawford Auto Museum as we had no place to put it…looks even worse in person as it does in the pictures!

That chevy volt is not a bad looking car at all.

1990 Beretta Indy, that should catch a good buck! :roll:

x…

ugly yes but it was fast

0-60 in 9 seconds is fast? :lol:

They made hydrogen Envoys? I thought they were all Equinoxes.

Whatever they are. I cant keep track of GM’s infinite amount of SUV’s.

A 2000 Buick Custom Blackhawk fetched $475,000, and the first-built Corvette 2006 ZO6 took in more than $100,000 as General Motors peddled part of its history last week.

More than 250 cars from GM’s Heritage Fleet went on the block at the Barrett-Jackson collector car auction in Scottsdale, Ariz., in what GM called routine housekeeping. The Heritage Fleet is made up of 1,000 vehicles and is more expendable – and three times larger – than the Heritage Collection.

“The Heritage Collection is sacred, a critical part of the history of GM,” said Brian Baker, GM manager and design historian. GM spokespeople said the sale had nothing to do with the cash crunch that has pushed the automaker to seek $13.4 billion in federal loans to stay afloat.

“All companies are always looking for money,” said Sean Finegan, corporate event vehicle manager.

GM has a say

The Heritage Fleet is populated with vehicles from throughout GM’s history. For the past five years, it has been pruned at Barrett-Jackson. A committee representing GM departments from design and marketing to powertrain and engineering has a say in what gets sold. If anyone objects, the car stays with GM.

“This has been a natural part of our process since 2004,” GM’s Baker said.

“Prices thus far have exceeded the market and have exceeded our expectations,” he said. “We just sold a '91 ZR-1 for $100,000.”

The ZR-1 Chevrolet Corvette is one of the quickest and fastest performance cars ever made by GM. A 1990 ZR-1 “Active” prototype sold for $150,700. An '89 – the first year of ZR-1 production – went for $110,000 on the first day of the auction. A 1997 Monte Carlo “Intimidator” show car made to honor Dale Earnhardt Sr. sold for $148,500.

Less significant cars went for more pedestrian prices. A 2003 Pontiac Sunfire, even though it was listed as a “Custom Coupe X-Plorers Concept,” drew $7,700. Likewise, a Tony Stewart Signature Series '04 Monte Carlo garnered $15,400.

A Pontiac Aztek raised only $13,750, despite its status as the “2001 Daytona Pace Car.”

Reggie Jackson Camaro

The $348,000 proceed from the sale of the first retail production 2010 Camaro benefited the American Heart Association. Proceeds from the majority of the rest went to GM. A 1969 Camaro formerly owned by baseball slugger Reggie Jackson sold from the fleet for $319,000.

There also were race cars, such as a pair of Pennzoil-liveried IRL cars, a 1998 Chevy S10 drag truck, an Olds Aurora Exxon GTS car and a Chevy S10 stadium race truck.

Ford Motor Co. also sold a few cars: a Mustang Cobra Jet drag car and the first production versions of the GT500 Mustang and Raptor F-150. Proceeds from those three went to charity.

Both Ford and GM again featured consumer displays of current production cars at Barrett-Jackson to woo buyers. GM had space adjacent to the main auction tent, while Ford commandeered the main entrance, through which virtually everyone who entered the auction walked.